Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: 1922 church in a Model T Ford - photo

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,792 Times in 11,326 Posts

1922 church in a Model T Ford - photo

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

baja (Jan 30, 2019), Frank S (Jan 29, 2019), PJs (Jan 29, 2019), Seedtick (Jan 29, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Probably had a small congregation or maybe it was used for quickie weddings Maybe there is a baptistery inside They could set up a tent and have a revival then batiste those who became saved right on the spot.
    Quite a step up from earlier evangelists who had to travel in a wagon pulled by horses.
    And no I was not poking fun

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    I have to laugh. My son and I want to build a T. I've wanted one since my teens. I used to go to the various T rallies and shows around the southeast US. He wants a roadster with a turtle deck. I want a station car. We may have to build two.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Ctrl View Post
    I have to laugh. My son and I want to build a T. I've wanted one since my teens. I used to go to the various T rallies and shows around the southeast US. He wants a roadster with a turtle deck. I want a station car. We may have to build two.
    Unless you are firmly entrenched in having a period correct "T" made from original parts. there are reproduction parts for almost every component of the 't' except for the drive train that is. But if you can find the cowl to use then anything you do to it no matter how radical you go it will still be an authentic model T just highly modified.
    Once a friend of mine and I were going to build a pair of 32 model A boa tailed speedsters he had the cowls and I had 4 of K5 international hoods we were going to use as the boat tails but he passed away long before we got a chance to put our plan to action.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Unless you are firmly entrenched in having a period correct "T" made from original parts. there are reproduction parts for almost every component of the 't' except for the drive train that is. But if you can find the cowl to use then anything you do to it no matter how radical you go it will still be an authentic model T just highly modified.
    Once a friend of mine and I were going to build a pair of 32 model A boa tailed speedsters he had the cowls and I had 4 of K5 international hoods we were going to use as the boat tails but he passed away long before we got a chance to put our plan to action.

Oh yeah. I'm well versed in the T world. I'm a member of NTBA. I already have a drivetrain. I'll build a Youngster chassis from plans for my T, as well as the cowl if I can't find a '25-26 sedan or truck cowl. My son wants a widened and lengthened repop roadster body with a turtle deck so he can have some trunk space.

Supporting Member Hoosiersmoker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hard to believe no one went for the low hanging fruit (unless I missed it!) This guy's the original holy roller!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 822 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    I used to work at an auto salvage yard that opened in 1917. There is a photograph of the yard from the 1920's hanging on the wall. It shows rows and rows of "T"'s in various states of disrepair.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information