Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: an adequate toolbox at last

Thanks
    Thanked 6,370 Times in 2,116 Posts

mklotz's Tools

an adequate toolbox at last

You know your toolbox is big enough when it has an upstairs...

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mklotz For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Oct 16, 2018), Gregraper33712 (Oct 16, 2018), Jon (Oct 16, 2018), LMMasterMariner (Oct 16, 2018), NortonDommi (Oct 17, 2018), Paul Jones (Oct 17, 2018), PJs (Oct 17, 2018), ranald (Oct 17, 2018), rlm98253 (Oct 16, 2018), Seedtick (Oct 16, 2018), Tonyg (Oct 17, 2018), Toolmaker51 (Oct 16, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,437 Times in 819 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    Do those bottom drawers pull all the way out? those are some deep drawers...

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

desbromilow's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by hemmjo View Post
    Do those bottom drawers pull all the way out? those are some deep drawers...
    I would say that the back side is another set of drawers - you can see the join where they backed the two sets together before putting the unit on top.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to desbromilow For This Useful Post:

NortonDommi (Oct 17, 2018), Paul Jones (Oct 17, 2018), PJs (Oct 17, 2018), Toolmaker51 (Oct 21, 2018)

Thanks

Willworkfortools's Tools
    Now THAT’s a toolbox!! 😂😂😂

Thanks
    Thanked 8,760 Times in 4,192 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    My luck a helper would put something in the wrong drawer and it would take me a week to find it.
    If I was to put all of my tool boxes together I don't think they would be quite that big maybe half, but I have trouble enough locating thing in them as it is
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    I see the columns of drawers are numbered going across, and individually lettered going down.
    Had to count them...127!
    I'd own it! But can't afford it, not to mention fill it...
    RicklesssS in Oregon

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ricklesss For This Useful Post:

NortonDommi (Oct 17, 2018), Toolmaker51 (Oct 21, 2018)

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    My luck a helper would put something in the wrong drawer and it would take me a week to find it.
    If I was to put all of my tool boxes together I don't think they would be quite that big maybe half, but I have trouble enough locating thing in them as it is
    never mind a helper, I think i'd loose everything in that very organised setup: I'd need an computer inventory to find anything. I'm afraid I'm a bit like a supervisor years ago who would know exactly where anything & everything like correspondance, requisitions, orders, etc on his very messy desk : all it took was for someone to search for something when he was out to lunch & chaos. At least my better half won't even go into the workshop due to snakes=my happy cave. LOL

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ranald View Post
    never mind a helper, I think i'd loose everything in that very organised setup: I'd need an computer inventory to find anything. I'm afraid I'm a bit like a supervisor years ago who would know exactly where anything & everything like correspondance, requisitions, orders, etc on his very messy desk : all it took was for someone to search for something when he was out to lunch & chaos. At least my better half won't even go into the workshop due to snakes=my happy cave. LOL
    Did that take a trip to the pet shop? Some of us are looking for the car keys now! LOL
    Eric

Thanks
    Thanked 8,760 Times in 4,192 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by suther51 View Post
    Did that take a trip to the pet shop? Some of us are looking for the car keys now! LOL
    Eric
    Eric I know the area where ranald lives, and no trip to a pet shop is required. But at least where I live when I find a snake I can dispose of the blasted things without some brown shirt trying to fine me for it. I'm pretty sure where I live our sheriff might dispose of the brown shirt or at least convince him he wasn't welcome
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Eric I know the area where ranald lives, and no trip to a pet shop is required. But at least where I live when I find a snake I can dispose of the blasted things without some brown shirt trying to fine me for it. I'm pretty sure where I live our sheriff might dispose of the brown shirt or at least convince him he wasn't welcome
    Yeah, I dont mind the pythons keeping the plague of rodents we are currently experiencing at reasonable numbers, but I yesterday encountered a tiger (said to be only 8 times more venomous than an Indian cobra) in one of my cluttered sheds ( I'm in the process of culling,on Gumtree, from that shed, many of my "future projects" items, that I now probably wont ever start). I've relocated many venomous snakes (& pythons that eat poultery or eggs) but these Tiger fellas have a record of bighting experienced snake catchers and housed pet owners. I'm considering a landing net with calico instead of the usual hessian bag as my hessian bags get eaten by mice and I almost lost a "roughscale" in my car last time I used a beekeeping smoker hessian bag(new bags have toxins that can kill bees so mine are quite old ( about 30+ years). We will see; but I'm considering my options as the shed is too cluttered for a catcher to corner & remove the reptile.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information