Free 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Remove advertisements

Thanks

Air powered pneumatic can crusher

I've been wanting to build this for a while now, not that its efficient in any way, just something neat to build in the winter months. So far the build has been cheap, but I plan on adding a hopper and a can ejector, as I want this to hang on the wall in the garage and not take up any space.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ibdilbert For This Useful Post:

Gary A. Wills (01-21-2018), Jon (01-18-2018), Moby Duck (01-18-2018), Neil Jensen (01-18-2018), oldcaptainrusty (01-18-2018), rudy3rd (01-23-2018), Seedtick (01-18-2018), thehomeengineer (01-17-2018)

Thanks
    Great video.
    like you say great fun item to have in the shop and build in the winter. There is only problem I can see. I would end up drinking way too much Pepsi or even worse beer, just so I could play with the crusher on the wall.
    Please remember there are other well-known brands of soft drinks that could be used within this crusher.
    Thanks again
    The Home Engineer

Thanks

Thanks ibdilbert! We've added your Pneumatic Can Crusher to our Miscellaneous category,
    as well as to your builder page: ibdilbert's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

Thanks
    Nice work!

I think, for safety's sake, after you've had a few brews, you might want to have a two-valve setup so you have to have both hands away from the crusher. Maybe a feed chute too to keep the hands away from the compartment.

Thanks
    Great project! Hope to do one of my one one of these days! I think we need a video of it crushing a full can! Maybe whipped cream or shaving cream eve!!!

Thanks
    Great novelty but the big drawback for me is that beer is the only fizzy thing I drink and never around machinery also being pneumatic it needs air which means the compressor running and beer is for quiet time and conversation.
    A friend of mine has one that is wall mounted with an attached bottle opener. To use you place can in appropriate area and step on a pedal. when pedal is released can is flicked sideways through a cut-out into chute to a bin by a cam triggered spring loaded lever which re-cocks as pedal reaches top of stroke.
    Amazing fun to use and far harder to describe than to see how works. I'd take some photos but he is in South Island so bit far to go.

Thanks
    My uncle would have loved this . Thanks

Post your reply!
    Join 33,912 of us and get our 50 Must Read Homemade Tools eBook free.

50 Must Read Homemade Tools

Thread Information