Free 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Remove advertisements
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Angle grinder holder to my miter saw stand.

  1. #1
    Soikkeli Tuomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Jyväskylä Finland
    Posts
    367
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 629 Times in 220 Posts

    Tuomas's Tools

    Angle grinder holder to my miter saw stand.

    Last days, i have used miter saw quite a lot for cutting metals.
    Tought that it would be usefull if grinder comes with it, then i can wipe out coarse right after cutting.

    Made this simple holder for my grinder.

    Material is 45mm pipe and 5mm steel plate. M8 screw and some rubber plugs that i have hoarded somewhere.

    Angle grinder holder to my miter saw stand.-1.jpg

    Angle grinder holder to my miter saw stand.-2.jpg

    Angle grinder holder to my miter saw stand.-3.jpg

    Angle grinder holder to my miter saw stand.-4.jpg

    Angle grinder rests between rubber plug thingys, and disc guard leans to the locking button of the stands feet.
    Grinder stays nicely on its place, even when shaking the stand. Very simple solution.

    Angle grinder holder to my miter saw stand.-5.jpg

    Angle grinder holder to my miter saw stand.-6.jpg

  2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tuomas For This Useful Post:

    Frank S (01-22-2018), Jon (01-22-2018), NortonDommi (01-23-2018), Paul Jones (01-23-2018), philipUsesWood&Brass (05-31-2018), PJs (01-23-2018), Priemsy (01-23-2018), rossbotics (01-23-2018), Seedtick (01-22-2018), Toolmaker51 (01-22-2018)

  3. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    say what ??? clear as mud! will need more pics and maybe a vid to understand this mod.

  4. #3
    Frank S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Peacock TX
    Posts
    1,978
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 1,927 Times in 935 Posts

    Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by madokie View Post
    say what ??? clear as mud! will need more pics and maybe a vid to understand this mod.
    What Tuomas has done is to make a holder which attaches to the leg of his table saw stand to hang his rt angle grinder on. This way it will be right at hand to de burr or clean up the cuts he is making without having to look for his grinder all the time. Actually a great idea as it not only saves him time it safely stores his grinder.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use http://kbs.justoldtrucks.com/

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

    philipUsesWood&Brass (05-31-2018), PJs (01-23-2018), Tuomas (01-22-2018)

  6. #4
    rossbotics rossbotics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    436
    Thanks
    542
    Thanked 817 Times in 235 Posts

    rossbotics's Tools
    Hi Tuomas
    That attachment will save you some time fumbling around wondering where in the heck did I put my grinder ? that holder will come in handy in your line of work
    Comments are always welcome

    Doug

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to rossbotics For This Useful Post:

    Tuomas (01-23-2018)

  8. #5
    Soikkeli Tuomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Jyväskylä Finland
    Posts
    367
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 629 Times in 220 Posts

    Tuomas's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    What Tuomas has done is to make a holder which attaches to the leg of his table saw stand to hang his rt angle grinder on. This way it will be right at hand to de burr or clean up the cuts he is making without having to look for his grinder all the time. Actually a great idea as it not only saves him time it safely stores his grinder.
    Thank you Frank. You explained it well.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuomas For This Useful Post:

    philipUsesWood&Brass (05-31-2018)

  10. #6
    Soikkeli Tuomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Jyväskylä Finland
    Posts
    367
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 629 Times in 220 Posts

    Tuomas's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by rossbotics View Post
    Hi Tuomas
    That attachment will save you some time fumbling around wondering where in the heck did I put my grinder ? that holder will come in handy in your line of work
    Thanks mate!

    Yep. And because i make cuts mostly outside, its more important.
    There's quite a lot snow at the moment, now i don't need separate table for holding electric tools.

  11. #7
    Priemsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Great idea! I'd probably make grinder the holder differently though.

  12. #8
    Frank S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Peacock TX
    Posts
    1,978
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 1,927 Times in 935 Posts

    Frank S's Tools
    Sorry I said table saw what I meant was miter saw table leg.
    A holder like this would have to be made to the individual's needs.no 2 guys are likely to have the same identical saws or for that matter if they did they would have their own ideas of how to construct the holder. Tuomas has planted the seed idea of how to have your grinder atr hand. Hopefully this might be a seed of inspiration for another to design his own. I only cut wood on my 12" miter saw and rarely ever use it so no need for a grinder holder at this time.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use http://kbs.justoldtrucks.com/

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

    Tuomas (01-24-2018)

  14. #9
    Soikkeli Tuomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Jyväskylä Finland
    Posts
    367
    Thanks
    259
    Thanked 629 Times in 220 Posts

    Tuomas's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Sorry I said table saw what I meant was miter saw table leg.
    A holder like this would have to be made to the individual's needs.no 2 guys are likely to have the same identical saws or for that matter if they did they would have their own ideas of how to construct the holder. Tuomas has planted the seed idea of how to have your grinder atr hand. Hopefully this might be a seed of inspiration for another to design his own. I only cut wood on my 12" miter saw and rarely ever use it so no need for a grinder holder at this time.
    My original idea was to weld hooks for the plate, and place grinder between it. Then i noticed that hooks, ain't necessary. That's why it has two holes, but only one in use.

  15. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well thought out. Thanks

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to TLee For This Useful Post:

    Tuomas (01-24-2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •