Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Angle grinder pipe sander attachment. - quick mount -

Thanks
    Thanked 1,836 Times in 507 Posts

Tuomas's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post
    I actually understand just how difficult it is to do a decent video edit which is why I appreciate well done videos.

As might be expected this thread created interest in your press design. I've been looking that over for inspiration but I think you missed one part on the bill of materials list. That is the plate the Hydraulic Ram passed through on the sled. Either that or I missed it.
    Its very possible that i missed it.
    I don't make plans before i build something.
    I make designing on my mind and take needed measures while making. Plans are made after the build was done, and i hate that. �� So, most likely i have missed it. Fortunatelly one can decide its fize by themself. It just guides ram, i measured it so that its easy to weld the to the sides and hole is centered with sled.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuomas For This Useful Post:

PJs (May 31, 2018), volodar (Jun 1, 2018)

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    I make designing on my mind and take needed measures while making. Plans are made after the build was done, and i hate that. ��
    No need to Hate that Tuomas. I think most of us build stuff on the fly and your builds are spectacular, especially done on the fly!! I know that Paul and I use notebooks to document or flush out ideas/calcs ahead of time then refine the notes later but the idea of preserving the ideas is important, imho. As for BOM's (Bill of Materials), whelp most of it is scrounged and salvaged so a BOM with "Scrap 3mm steel plate XX size" is the best you can do for others. But, like you say it's seeing how you did it that leads to new ideas or ways that work for us individually is the Most Important aspect to the HMT's crowd, and to me especially.

I also agree that your video quality has improved expertly over time, by adding great overlays, shot framing, lighting (Excellent in my book) as well as the fun to this type of work.

Keep'em coming...the diversity and Enginerding you bring is Inspiring! Respect!!

PJ

2000 Tool Plans
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PJs For This Useful Post:

volodar (Jun 1, 2018)

Thanks

Tuomas's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by PJs View Post
    No need to Hate that Tuomas. I think most of us build stuff on the fly and your builds are spectacular, especially done on the fly!! I know that Paul and I use notebooks to document or flush out ideas/calcs ahead of time then refine the notes later but the idea of preserving the ideas is important, imho. As for BOM's (Bill of Materials), whelp most of it is scrounged and salvaged so a BOM with "Scrap 3mm steel plate XX size" is the best you can do for others. But, like you say it's seeing how you did it that leads to new ideas or ways that work for us individually is the Most Important aspect to the HMT's crowd, and to me especially.

I also agree that your video quality has improved expertly over time, by adding great overlays, shot framing, lighting (Excellent in my book) as well as the fun to this type of work.

Keep'em coming...the diversity and Enginerding you bring is Inspiring! Respect!!

PJ
    Sorry.. i need to correct. I like to work the way that i do. Its much faster to think alternative methods or designs, than draw them to the paper / screen. No need to erase things.
    Mostly, why i like to make things, is to see can i and to find solution how.

Sometimes its more satisfying to find a solution for making a single hole, than finishing the actual project.

When i made holder to my inverted jack. I made that large hole for the jacks neck with adjustable wood cutter. Sharpened broken HSS drill and used it as a blade. Tried three different shapes to find working shape for it.

Blade cracked when hole went trough, but it worked long enough. That was one happy moment for me.

What i "hate" is to draw plans afterwards, from something that's allready made. It kind of feels making it again. Very boring...

And.. Thank you very much from the feedback. I have tried to pay more attention to the filming process, but for me. Making is the main thing, sometimes i just forget to turn on the camera, or point it wrong direction. Couple times i have re-made parts, because i forgot to take a video.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuomas For This Useful Post:

PJs (Jun 1, 2018), volodar (Jun 1, 2018)

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,789 Times in 11,325 Posts
    Congratulations Tuomas - your Angle Grinder Sanding Attachment is the Homemade Tool of the Week!

We've seen angle grinder sanding conversions before, but I don't believe they've been this good, and certainly not this well documented.

Some other nice picks from this week:

Tapping Fixture by thehomeengineer
    Thin Parallels by jjr2001
    Traveling Forge by DWittrock
    Drill Press Organizer by Eloy Workshop
    Circular Segment Radius Calculation Method by mklotz
    Through Hole Lap by jjr2001
    Chuck Modification by jjr2001
    LED Holder by rendoman

Tuomas - you'll be receiving a $25 online gift card, in your choice of Amazon, PayPal, or bitcoin. Please PM me your current email address and gift card choice and I'll get it sent over right away.

Here are all 7 of your Homemade Tool of the Week winning tools:

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Gregraper33712 (Jun 2, 2018), MountainMan (Aug 6, 2018), PJs (Jun 2, 2018), Tuomas (Jun 1, 2018)

Thanks

Tuomas's Tools
    Thank you very much Jon!

Stage two nearly completed.
    Little tidying and finishing the table clamp.

Angle grinder pipe sander attachment. - quick mount --img_20180604_115404_201.jpg

More coming later.

Thanks for checking this out.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuomas For This Useful Post:

Jon (Jun 4, 2018), PJs (Jun 5, 2018)

Thanks

Tuomas's Tools
    Pipe sander to beltsander...

Parts before bends and drillings:
    Angle grinder pipe sander attachment. - quick mount --new-image.jpg

New parts:
    Angle grinder pipe sander attachment. - quick mount --1.jpg

All parts, to pipe / groove sander and beltsander:
    Angle grinder pipe sander attachment. - quick mount --2.jpg

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tuomas For This Useful Post:

Jon (Jun 5, 2018), PJs (Jun 5, 2018), Seedtick (Jun 5, 2018)

Thanks

Beserkleyboy's Tools

Next stage, half track?

Tuomas,
    Fantastic! Love your ingenuity and great ways to repurpose something as humble as an angle grinder. Maybe the next stage could be to duplicate and power a small vehicle, like the old Army half - track! Seriously, thank you for your ongoing inspiration, cheers.
    Jim in South Coast NSW, Australia

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Beserkleyboy For This Useful Post:

PJs (Jun 5, 2018)

Thanks

Tuomas's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Beserkleyboy View Post
    Tuomas,
    Fantastic! Love your ingenuity and great ways to repurpose something as humble as an angle grinder. Maybe the next stage could be to duplicate and power a small vehicle, like the old Army half - track! Seriously, thank you for your ongoing inspiration, cheers.
    Jim in South Coast NSW, Australia
    Thank you!

Im more like e-bike sized fellow.
    That's actually something that i have planned to make someday.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuomas For This Useful Post:

PJs (Jun 5, 2018)

Thanks

Beserkleyboy's Tools
    Mate, I'm an old bike guy, from the 70s when we yanks loved Euro road bikes, like Raleigh, Peugout, Bianchi, and especially Italian, Colnago, Poliaghi (sp) etc. Canpagnolo components were the top of the line... a 'full Campy' bike was the best.. about $600 back then, with either Reynolds (English) or Columbus (Italian) chrome/manganese moly double butted tubing with careful silver brazing. Beautifull, light and responsive bikes. Thanks for the memory
    30 yr expat in AUS

Supporting Member bruce.desertrat's Avatar
    Thanks

bruce.desertrat's Tools
    https://hackaday.com/2017/08/24/poss...-see-all-week/ Gets around the 'needs five miles of extension cord' problem :-)

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bruce.desertrat For This Useful Post:

Beserkleyboy (Jun 5, 2018), PJs (Jun 6, 2018), Tuomas (Jun 6, 2018)

Thread Information