Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Angle grinder pipe sander attachment. - quick mount -

Thanks
    Thanked 1,834 Times in 507 Posts

Tuomas's Tools
    Finished power file attachment..

Angle grinder pipe sander attachment. - quick mount --new-image.jpg

Playlist to all attachments:

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuomas For This Useful Post:

PJs (Aug 5, 2018)

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Definitely the Epic Super hero of getting the Most and Best out of tools. Love the flight of the Valkyries!! Think you are getting your money's worth out of that vice resto also!! Does the belt fold over on the bearing end after a while?

Great Build Tuomas, Thanks for sharing it.

PJ

2000 Tool Plans
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

Thanks

Tuomas's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by PJs View Post
    Definitely the Epic Super hero of getting the Most and Best out of tools. Love the flight of the Valkyries!! Think you are getting your money's worth out of that vice resto also!! Does the belt fold over on the bearing end after a while?

Great Build Tuomas, Thanks for sharing it.

PJ
    Thanks buddy.

Fixing that vise really was a good decision. Cost about 10$. New that kind of heavy duty vise would have been somewhat pricey. Also, that shape makes it more handy for my use.

Belt folds around the edges of the bearings after couple seconds of use with full speed. That keeps belt running straight.
    I made first version with three bearings, that didn't work as well it does with two.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuomas For This Useful Post:

PJs (Aug 6, 2018)

Thanks

Tuomas's Tools
    Examples of use:

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tuomas For This Useful Post:

Andyt (Oct 23, 2018), Frank S (Oct 22, 2018), Jon (Oct 22, 2018), PJs (Oct 22, 2018), Sprig1 (Oct 22, 2018), volodar (Oct 23, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Not many of these great little mods to angle grinders escape my attention.this one is no exception I have followed this thread from its beginning.
    The unusual thing is that i have not commented on my admiration of the usefulness of your build until now.
    After reading back through the now 4 pages I don't seem to find where I had posted a comment.
    Thanks for sharing the strikingly well detailed description of your build as well as demonstrating the many various uses for it and the quick changeability to go from grinder mode to belt sander in a matter of a few seconds
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

PJs (Oct 22, 2018), Tuomas (Oct 23, 2018)

Thanks

Tuomas's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Not many of these great little mods to angle grinders escape my attention.this one is no exception I have followed this thread from its beginning.
    The unusual thing is that i have not commented on my admiration of the usefulness of your build until now.
    After reading back through the now 4 pages I don't seem to find where I had posted a comment.
    Thanks for sharing the strikingly well detailed description of your build as well as demonstrating the many various uses for it and the quick changeability to go from grinder mode to belt sander in a matter of a few seconds
    Thank you Frank.
    I have a bad habit to skip those examples of use when build is finished, when you just know that it works..
    Kinda don't bother to search material, and sometimes my mind just feels empty that moment.

I try to fix that on the future. I think my videos / builds could be little better if i use little more time for the actual video making too.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuomas View Post
    Thank you Frank.
    I have a bad habit to skip those examples of use when build is finished, when you just know that it works..
    Kinda don't bother to search material, and sometimes my mind just feels empty that moment.

I try to fix that on the future. I think my videos / builds could be little better if i use little more time for the actual video making too.
    I know what you mean I'm not good at making videos , never learned to do editing and could never be a George lucas or Steve Cameran if I tried
    My wife and a couple of friends say I can write better fiction than John De'Chance or Robert Ludium because my transposing style or wording could scare Stephen King or cause Ron Hubbard to roll over in his grave, But I'll probably never publish any of the dozen novels I have started Mostly because I think their opinions are just biased, that and once I get to 100,000 words or so I loose interest in them and never bring them to an end.
    But tool use or making videos is something I really need to concentrate on learning how to make and edit
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

Tuomas's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    I know what you mean I'm not good at making videos , never learned to do editing and could never be a George lucas or Steve Cameran if I tried
    My wife and a couple of friends say I can write better fiction than John De'Chance or Robert Ludium because my transposing style or wording could scare Stephen King or cause Ron Hubbard to roll over in his grave, But I'll probably never publish any of the dozen novels I have started Mostly because I think their opinions are just biased, that and once I get to 100,000 words or so I loose interest in them and never bring them to an end.
    But tool use or making videos is something I really need to concentrate on learning how to make and edit
    I hope you finish something someday. I would like to read it.

Btw.. people asks plans from me sometimes.
    Here's my plan for the ring roller that i have been building atm.
    Angle grinder pipe sander attachment. - quick mount --fb_img_1540478801217.jpg

And here's the build atm..

Angle grinder pipe sander attachment. - quick mount --fb_img_1540465542157.jpg

I just make notes for myself, from measures need to remembered etc... I think those ain't very usefull for others.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tuomas For This Useful Post:

high-side (Oct 26, 2018), Jon (Oct 25, 2018), PJs (Oct 29, 2018), rlm98253 (Oct 25, 2018), Seedtick (Oct 25, 2018)

Thanks

Tuomas's Tools
    Finished ring roller.

Angle grinder pipe sander attachment. - quick mount --img_20181108_140115_257.jpg

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tuomas For This Useful Post:

Andyt (Nov 9, 2018), Jon (Nov 8, 2018), PJs (Nov 8, 2018), Seedtick (Nov 10, 2018)

Thanks

Tuomas's Tools
    I supposed to make this video long time ago.

Here is a video about making the whole two in one belt sander.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuomas For This Useful Post:

Jon (Apr 26, 2019)

Thread Information