Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Astronaut Buzz Aldrin punching moon conspiracy theorist in face GIF

Supporting Member Scotsman Hosie's Avatar
    Thanks

Scotsman Hosie's Tools
    Homemade conspiracies?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Supporting Member Scotsman Hosie's Avatar
    Thanks

Scotsman Hosie's Tools
    Too bad he didn't really load-up that punch. 'Course, being an old man, he probably would have broken his hand.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

toma's Tools

4. The Following User Says Thank You to toma For This Useful Post:

Scotsman Hosie (Dec 15, 2018)

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,621 Times in 11,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toma View Post
    Is this in any connection with homemade tools ?

To be fair, your point is valid - I do have a task on my list to extract all of the non-homemade tools threads from this Best Homemade Tools subforum, and place them into the Tool Talk subforum. Our Tool Talk subforum is actually a wonderful casual discussion component of this forum, certainly when compared to the Off-Topic subforums in other DIY forums, but I want to make sure to keep those lines clean.

Considering the ages and professions of our members, it is not too hard to guess that some of them assisted in the various moon landings and other NASA missions, in the form of both intellectual contributions, and spacecraft parts that they personally machined - whether they can discuss it or not!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

PJs (Dec 17, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    I'm pleased to report connections to the Space Shuttle.
    Being present for a landing proved they were no hoax...Shuttle 'Discovery' STS-42 Edwards AFB, 30Jan1992 Until you see +200,000 odd pounds turn into wind and glide, touching down rear main gear then nosewheel with incredible control....no question most elegant machines ever.
    INDASCO, Santa Fe Springs CA; one of many shops working on insulation tiles, material just beyond prototyping/ R&D stage. Being the only machinist made this a thrill.
    Magna Tool, Los Alamitos, CA; again one of untold varied subcontractors, made retention catches for cargo bay. Dual hooks in a U configuration, just like trigger sears, undercuts inside the U. IIRC material was 455 SS, roughed interior, and finished bottom flat & radii with a handmade form-flycutter. I held the 'ears' with slotted jaws to access bottom inside, sine tilting head to undercut with 2nd handmade cutter. Also did some 2nd op work on tube fittings, seems they were airline, but ~3" Ø.
    ODETICS, Anaheim CA. We built flight recorders, big reel to reel and 1" TEAC tape. Our lab did mechanical assembly, including the most precisely lubricated miniature ball bearings - with digital milligram scale, 10x microscope and pneumatic injector probably #30 needles.
    PS: Our chief engineers were first to examine and reassemble shattered tape from recorder onboard Challenger...remainder of employees privileged to not have contents divulged to us.

If you recall photos of burning Iraqi/ Kuwaiti oilwells, circa Gulf War...You seen our work; built those reconnaissance decks too. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuwaiti_oil_fires
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toolmaker51 For This Useful Post:

KustomsbyKent (Dec 16, 2018), PJs (Dec 17, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by 12bolts View Post
    Ha! Keeping a piffling 400 000 quiet for 49 years on the moon landings has got to be easy!
    I want to know how they keep the multi millions from all the nations of the world that have explored this planet, the airlines and the shipping companies that traverse this globe, the armed sentries, (apparently), that guard and protect the ice wall for the last, Oh I dont know, 400 years at least, quiet?
    Want to know what I'm talking about? Just search Flat earth on yootoob. You will find your IQ drops 1 point for every minute of viewing.
    I gave it 2 minutes. Bailed out with 7 IQ points to spare.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    A homemade tool? I would have to give that a yes at least in part. I was reading through my mother's life journal that she started writing a few years before passing away. She made a brief mention of a company she worked for briefly that was owned by one of the women who came up with the stitch design for the multi layered fabrics used in the making of the gloves for the mercury suit worn by several of the astronauts during the development of the space program. the lady came up with the idea while working at a women's undergarment factory and developed her stitch idea at home years later the lady ran a company called Bloats aircraft trim which was where my mother worked when she met her.
    So yes I would not be at all surprised that there are numerous home designed articles associated with the moon landings.
    Just because the major conglomerate called NASA has its name tattooed allover everything does not mean that said named conglomerate actually could have or would have come up with anything had it not been for the individuals working for them. Those individuals did not check their thought and design processes at the gat upon leaving work each day they sat at their kitchen tables or in their recliners or at a desk at home and doodled their designs.
    There once was an ill informed person who said you did not build this. Well I say no company ever could made anything of importance without some home-brewed idea

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

KustomsbyKent (Dec 16, 2018), PJs (Dec 17, 2018), Toolmaker51 (Dec 15, 2018)

Thread Information