Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Automatic watermelon peeler - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,999 Times in 9,639 Posts

Automatic watermelon peeler - GIF

Automatic watermelon peeler.

Previously:

Interlocked watermelon carving - GIF
    Cake cutting tools - GIFs and photos
    Carving a mango flower - GIF and video

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

baja (Jan 22, 2019), oldcaptainrusty (Jan 21, 2019), PJs (Jan 22, 2019), ranald (Jan 22, 2019), Seedtick (Jan 21, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,760 Times in 4,192 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    a $50,000 machine to peal a 5 dollar fruit that's rich.
    The only thing I've ever done with watermelons was a couple of summers I used to haul them as a teenager. or tossed them in a bonfire to wait for them to explode so guys and their dates could go out in the woods to get a piece " of watermelon that is" other than using them as targets for our shotguns. Never found much use for them otherwise.

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    A $50,000 machine to peel tens of thousands of $5 fruits year after year. Cheaper than labor, morality questions aside.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to neilbourjaily For This Useful Post:

PJs (Jan 22, 2019)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    I've always thought that most watermelons like pumpkins were mostly left to rot then used as hog food no need for peeling.
    Last year the wife asked if I was going to plant watermelon and pumpkins in the garden. I said no I can only eat so many pumpkin pies so not worth the space and you probably wouldn't eat more than 1 or 2 melons the whole summer and we don't have any hogs.
    Maybe there are a lot of people who actually eat watermelons I'm not one of them.
    A grocery store near us gets a tub pallet of watermelons when they come in season and if you watch the back door over 80% of each shipment winds up in the dumpster guess I'm not the only one in a county of 2000 who does not eat them.

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    It would be some restaurant to need one of those.

We have known for decades that 3 red foods have great benefit in reducing heart disease & reducing blood pressure by way of anti-oxidants, beta corrotine,amino acids etc. I recal a gal in Tx sprouting the benefits of watermelon & apparently the white part is good for us too: as kids, we were told that it was poisonous & now Tx scientists say it helps penile erectile dyspunction (wonder if it helps dyslexia). Science is dynamic & advice often changes direction 180 deg.

Years ago, farmers would not stop until they killed a black snake using boiling water to expet them from a hiding place. they didn't worry so much about browns which are way more venemous. Ignorance of risk. (Here, it has been reported, we have the top 10 venomous land snakes & blacks dont even get close.)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by ranald View Post
    It would be some restaurant to need one of those.

We have known for decades that 3 red foods have great benefit in reducing heart disease & reducing blood pressure by way of anti-oxidants, beta corrotine,amino acids etc. I recal a gal in Tx sprouting the benefits of watermelon & apparently the white part is good for us too: as kids, we were told that it was poisonous & now Tx scientists say it helps penile erectile dyspunction (wonder if it helps dyslexia). Science is dynamic & advice often changes direction 180 deg.

Years ago, farmers would not stop until they killed a black snake using boiling water to expet them from a hiding place. they didn't worry so much about browns which are way more venemous. Ignorance of risk. (Here, it has been reported, we have the top 10 venomous land snakes & blacks don't even get close.)
    Yes there are claims about watermelons possessing some forms of health benefits however what those reports fail to mention according to a cardiologist I know, is that you would have to consume the equivalent of 4 melons per day to notice any short term effects he didn't comment however about the benefits to someone who had consumed a melon a day for their whole life. But then again him being a DR. automatically qualifies him as a drug pusher for big pharma.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information