Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: BHS recycling robot - GIF and video

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,809 Times in 9,916 Posts

BHS recycling robot - GIF and video

Max-AI AQC-C recycling robot by Bulk Handling Systems.

3:34 video:

Previously:

Trash interceptor - GIF, patent, photo
    Seabin floating rubbish bin - GIF
    Trash collection crane boat in Venice - GIF
    Dutch trash collection crane - video
    Circuit board recycling GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

baja (May 26, 2019), Scotsman Hosie (May 25, 2019), Seedtick (May 25, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    wouldn't a couple of $10.00 an hour entry level unskilled workers be able to do a better job at less cost even given that the employer would have to pay for their medical and match their tax income.

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

Ralphxyz's Tools
    Frank "eventually" the machine would be a better deal, the machine could work 24 hours a day 7 days a week so that would take ...

Plus no health care or vacation time.

Ralph

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I don't see it that way Ralph, but that is just me. What I see is a complex piece of equipment doing a menial task. the machine cost x amount to purchase OK that cost may or may not be recoverable over the life of the machine. every time the machine gets the hiccups and automated machines always do, a service company will have to be called out to diagnose the symptoms then a technical team of highly skilled individuals will have to make the repairs and adjustments. Over time these repairs or others will need to be preformed again and again. eventually driving the cost of recyclables to an unsustainable level making it ultimately less costly to just allow them to become part of a landfill.
    There are places where robotics are better suited than having humans when the task is extremely hazardous, requires absolute repeatable functions with precision timing are a couple that comes to mind.
    but things like robotic pancake flipping or omelet cooking or pouring a cup of coffee are little more than gimmickry applications to me.
    I know of a company that recycles plastics, with 10 employees. 4 that sort shred, bale or melt down several tons of just about every type of plastic imaginable every day, another 6 employees are responsible for insuring any metals or fabrics are removed and preliminary sorting is done at that time as well. Of course I need to mention that Eric's employees do not get paid an hourly wage they all get a percentage of net so the lower they can keep the operating costs and the higher the gross is the larger the net becomes. some weeks an employee can take home a couple grand clear other weeks maybe as little as just 8 or 900.00 if the market happens to tank. I don't see how a robotic system or a multiple of systems could Work in Eric's case.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Frank S; May 28, 2019 at 12:26 AM.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thread Information