Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Bill Redd - Simplified Mill/Drill Sharpener Jig for Vertical End Mill operation

Thanks

billredd's Tools

Thumbs up Bill Redd - Simplified Mill/Drill Sharpener Jig for Vertical End Mill operation

http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/i...es/hat_tip.gifAttachment 2740 I liked the sharpening jigs I down loaded, and I Plan to build a Bonelle that was posted. I designed a simplified jig system to use on a vertical mill for both mills and drills. 3 configurations are provided, project was uploaded as a ZIP, 3 Solidworks EA and 4 PDF files. Other tools can be sharpened if the builder makes adapters for them. A "quill" would have to be built by the user for individual model vertical end mills for periphery sharpening. Since there are thousands of types, I have no plans to build a quill for anything but a Harbor Freight quality ZAY7032G...it's what I could afford and convert to CNC. ( I want a Tormach, no way to afford a FANUC ) A grizzly type tool sharpener can be used for "end sharpening only" with carefull adjustment.
    Solidworks 11 used to provide more user compatibility since backward compatibility is not provided. PDF and EASM files also available for those that cannot view them, but allow video dissections and infinite viewing angles. I have several other projects that I plan to upload as well. The link to this one is on Grabcad at https://grabcad.com/library/mill-drill-sharpening-jig-1Bill Redd - Simplified Mill/Drill Sharpener Jig for Vertical End Mill operation-sharpjigez.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	SharpJigEZ.jpg 
Views:	621 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	2741 ( I think, that's what was in the URL window ) If not, search for SharpJigEZ.SLDASM . My email is unlimited_design@msn.com

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billredd For This Useful Post:

kbalch (Jan 12, 2015), Paul Jones (Jan 12, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanks billredd! I've added your Mill Drill Sharpening Jig to our Machining category, as well as to your builder page: billredd's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts
    Interesting design you've got there. Thanks for the share.

Thanks
    So I've joined "Grab Cad" & the files won't open… "damaged or do not exist".

Thanks

billredd's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Willy View Post
    So I've joined "Grab Cad" & the files won't open… "damaged or do not exist".
    Wild Willy, I just followed the link and "Downloaded All" .... I opened each and every file on this OLD workstation. PDF, EASM, SLDASM, SLDPRT, and even the JPEG. All the Solidworks parts and assemblies are in a ZIP directory initially... I was even able to open them in a TEMP directory from within the ZIP with Solidworks 12... the files were created in 11. The only other advice I have is to ask other users that downloaded to verify that something is missing, or even forward the separate files to you. There are a total of 39 files I believe, after you expand the ZIP. I could not duplicate your error.
    Bill Redd

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information