Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Binford 2011 PC Oven

Thanks

ageingrodder's Tools

Binford 2011 PC Oven

First off, given available time, I would rather put in a too many hours and as much money as it would cost to buy retail building a tool, rather than buying factory produced. Where to start on stuff that I have built for my shop? Although my tools work for me, most were inspired by other builders with a few touches of my own. I guess I'll start with my powder coating oven.

My oven was created out of a worn out upright freezer. A lot of people told me not to do it, and in hind sight it would have been easier to build from scratch, but being cheap and liking a challenge, I didn't listen.

The oven uses three elements. I used insulation that I scavenged from old suspended ceiling panels, metal studs, and a lot of scavenged parts. Over all I would save I probably have $250 in the oven at the most. It ain't pretty, but works pretty well.

Binford 2011 PC Oven-beginning-2009-.jpgBinford 2011 PC Oven-interior-stripped.jpgBinford 2011 PC Oven-interior.jpgBinford 2011 PC Oven-exterior-2011.jpgBinford 2011 PC Oven-control-box.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ageingrodder For This Useful Post:

Jon (Aug 18, 2012), kbalch (Aug 20, 2012)

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,621 Times in 11,284 Posts
    Thanks ageingrodder! We've added your Binford 2011 PC Oven to our Powder Coating category, and setup your homemade tools page here: ageingrodder's homemade tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information