This 19' wooden sailboat was built from DN Goodchild plans, by sailcanoefan on WoodenBoat.com.

This is a 4-year build thread by a builder who has only built model boats in the past, but is now retired with plenty of free time. Despite his lack of experience, he's clearly a skilled and careful craftsman. By sheer luck, he happens to find someone on the WoodenBoat.com forums who has built the exact same boat from plans, and enjoys helping out with plenty of details and photos from his own build.

I like reading builds by young builders, but I also really appreciate builds that start off with "I'm retired...". The advantage in free time and experience by retired builders often makes for a very worthy build. However, the older builders are more prone to the aches and pains that come with all of that experience. After taking some time off to rest from an injury, another member reminds the builder:

"You are the most important tool in the boat building box."

19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan on WoodenBoat.com

BoatBuilds.net: 19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan-19footsailboat3.jpgBoatBuilds.net: 19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan-19footsailboat20.jpgBoatBuilds.net: 19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan-19footsailboat19.jpgBoatBuilds.net: 19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan-19footsailboat18.jpgBoatBuilds.net: 19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan-19footsailboat17.jpgBoatBuilds.net: 19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan-19footsailboat16.jpgBoatBuilds.net: 19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan-19footsailboat15.jpgBoatBuilds.net: 19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan-19footsailboat14.jpgBoatBuilds.net: 19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan-19footsailboat13.jpgBoatBuilds.net: 19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan-19footsailboat12.jpgBoatBuilds.net: 19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan-19footsailboat11.jpgBoatBuilds.net: 19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan-19footsailboat9.jpgBoatBuilds.net: 19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan-19footsailboat8.jpgBoatBuilds.net: 19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan-19footsailboat7.jpgBoatBuilds.net: 19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan-19footsailboat5.jpgBoatBuilds.net: 19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan-19footsailboat4.jpgBoatBuilds.net: 19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan-19footsailboat21.jpg

19' Sailboat by sailcanoefan on WoodenBoat.com

See more boat builds on BoatBuilds.net...