I just now completed an increadible task, for me at least. Anyone who knows me knows that my hand are not exactly made for intricate small electronic work. Revently the screen on my phone became crazed with millions of tiny cracks even though the phone is housed in a 3 layer armored Otter cover I've dropped it from 10 feet high to the asphault pavement numerous times gotten pissed off and tossed it 30 feet and nothing ever happened to it so I was rather amased that the screen suddenly crazed one day while I was trying to text someone.
No problem I thought there are places that replace them the only problem is I would have to make a 150+ mile round trip to get it repaired and they probably wouldn't have a new screen in stock since my phone is not exactly what you would call new. there have been a dozen new models come out since mine was new. So I looked on line and watched a video on how to replace the screen and digitizer on the model that I have. OK seems pretty straight forward enough and totally above my pay scale, but what the heck the worst that can happen is I waste 40 bucks for a new digitizer and screen assembly then have to spend $$$$$$$ for a new phone that I wouldn't like and probably would be broken in the first week.
I ordered the part on Friday it arrived this morning. I opened the package and right away I thought dummy you should have driven the 150 miles even if you was to have to make a 2nd trip and spend 50 bucks for fuel what ever the guy would charge you would be better tht what you are planning on doing.
I armed myself with an Ice cold Pepsi and a micro screw driver and since I didn't have a hair dryer or a heat guy a butane lighter and started taking the phone apart.
Now mind you I only watched the video once so there were probably a few critical steps that I may have missed but I got it apart without breaking the stup[id thing removed the old parts then reassembled it taking the time to mock assemble it and switch it on to see if it worked, I did remember that part of the video at least. then finished up assembling and glueing everything together.
wala it works through no fault of my own.