Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chain Saw Drill Attachment

Supporting Member Vyacheslav.Nevolya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 338 Posts

Vyacheslav.Nevolya's Tools

Chain Saw Drill Attachment

Got not quite what I planned, but despite the shortcomings it works well. I wanted to set the drill equipment right on the engine's cranks, but it turns into the opposite side. Therefore, it was necessary to install through the bus and chain.

Chain Saw Drill Attachment-20190312_095148.jpg Chain Saw Drill Attachment-20190312_095454.jpg Chain Saw Drill Attachment-20190312_095731.jpg Chain Saw Drill Attachment-20190312_101730.jpg Chain Saw Drill Attachment-20190312_101739.jpg Chain Saw Drill Attachment-20190312_133641.jpg Chain Saw Drill Attachment-20190312_134035.jpg Chain Saw Drill Attachment-20190312_134133.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vyacheslav.Nevolya For This Useful Post:

Seedtick (Mar 13, 2019), Tuomas (Mar 15, 2019)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vyacheslav.Nevolya For This Useful Post:

saintrain (Apr 7, 2019), Seedtick (Mar 13, 2019), Tuomas (Mar 15, 2019)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vyacheslav.Nevolya For This Useful Post:

Seedtick (Mar 13, 2019), Tuomas (Mar 15, 2019)

Thanks

Al8236's Tools
    The way you have to hold that looks sketchy as all get out! one slip and you are wrapped up in the chain!
    From the time you're born till' you ride in a hearse, there's nothing so bad it couldn't be worse!

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Not detracting from this but it seems really awkward to me and a lot of work made from bits & bobs. I recently sold one that drove straight off the bar. I didn't need it any more as no longer doing any rural fencing where it excelled. Again, Not detracting from this job but I'd be using a cordless drill but then I've already have one.

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks Vyacheslav.Nevolya! We've added your Chainsaw Drill Attachment to our Drilling and Drill Presses category,
    as well as to your builder page: Vyacheslav.Nevolya's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Al8236 View Post
    The way you have to hold that looks sketchy as all get out! one slip and you are wrapped up in the chain!
    I am inclined to agree, the whole arrangement looks clumsy and did I see the saw's teeth still there? There must be another way to achieve the same end, perhaps a weedwhacker motor through a gearbox?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans Pearson For This Useful Post:

Al8236 (Mar 14, 2019)

Thanks

drill atachment

Quote Originally Posted by Vyacheslav.Nevolya View Post
    as to why would you not have ground the teeth down on the drive chain
    would not a battery drill do the same job but less expensive

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 507 Posts

Tuomas's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Pearson View Post
    I am inclined to agree, the whole arrangement looks clumsy and did I see the saw's teeth still there? There must be another way to achieve the same end, perhaps a weedwhacker motor through a gearbox?
    Here is another way.

But this one isn't very fast to remove, and you need another clutch if you want to use it as a chainsaw again.

I like that "attachment" idea is better, just cover to the chain. ( if it feels reasonable )

Idea itself is very interesting.
    I like that its now removable add, not " permanent modification ".

Supporting Member Vyacheslav.Nevolya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 338 Posts

Vyacheslav.Nevolya's Tools
    Chain Saw Drill Attachment-img_22.jpg Chain Saw Drill Attachment-img_23.jpg

I've heard a lot of criticism. That's the essence of the problem. I build my own house, do everything myself, builders I do not hire. In order to secure wooden beams on the ceiling, steel pins need to be put into concrete. For this purpose it is necessary to make in concrete many openings in diameter of 18 mm. Someone recommends that the best cordless drill is you serious? Holes in concrete with a 18 mm cordless drill? The cordless drill will die in a couple of minutes. The house is not yet connected to the mains, it is necessary to look for a way out of the situation. I had an old broken drill, I decided to connect it to the chainsaw, but provided that the chainsaw remains preserved. So I agree that the design is dangerous and awkward, but its purpose is to drill holes in concrete, and then throw it away and forget. Thank you all for your attention.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Vyacheslav.Nevolya For This Useful Post:

Jon (Mar 15, 2019)

Thread Information