Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Charts of tool brand ownership and market share by companies - charts

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,621 Times in 11,284 Posts

Charts of tool brand ownership and market share by companies - charts

Tool industry brand ownership and market share charts. Interesting to see Makita and Hilti across both charts; both are single-brand companies, and both own a nice chunk of market share. The top image is large; you can right-click and then select "open image in new tab" or "open image in new window". Then, after loading in a new tab or window, you may need to click on the image again to see the fullsize version.

Tool industry brand ownership:

Tool industry market share. This chart only shows tool manufacturers.

More: Tool Industry Behemoths: Who Makes & Who Owns Most Tool Brands?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

EnginePaul (Nov 30, 2020), JD62 (Sep 25, 2017), Rangi (Dec 1, 2020), Seedtick (Sep 25, 2017)

Thanks
    Just heard rumor that ridged cordless tools may be bought by the same group with milwaukee??

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    I must be going blind - I do not see CP (Chicago Pneumatic) who last I heard were part of Atlas Copco, who are not there either

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by MiTasol View Post
    I must be going blind - I do not see CP (Chicago Pneumatic) who last I heard were part of Atlas Copco, who are not there either
    You're not going blind I can think of several tool manufactures who haven't made the list which may be due to their market share or their niche market
    One manufacture that rivals Snap-on Mac, and Cornwell for hand tool quality would be Gray tool company,in Toronto, Canada. Another that would be direct competition to the Craftsman line back when Craftsman hand tools were actually wholey owned and manufactured in the USA would be Hazet tools of Remscheid Germany I first encountered Hazet tools while shopping at the the Quelle in Furth Germany back in 74
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    You're not going blind I can think of several tool manufactures who haven't made the list which may be due to their market share or their niche market
    One manufacture that rivals Snap-on Mac, and Cornwell for hand tool quality would be Gray tool company,in Toronto, Canada. Another that would be direct competition to the Craftsman line back when Craftsman hand tools were actually wholey owned and manufactured in the USA would be Hazet tools of Remscheid Germany I first encountered Hazet tools while shopping at the the Quelle in Furth Germany back in 74
    I think I have all those brands in my tool set though I admit to calling Hazet Hazard, and I have a lot of another top German tool - Stahlwille is also missing. Nice light thin spanners that will get into places others wont and that have Snapon strength. The guarantee is/was stronger than any bolt. I split a socket and the local Australian agent refused to replace it. I was so pissed off I complained to Stahlwille and was most surprised when they sent me a replacement.

I don't know if it was coincidence but the next time I went into Ryans they no longer stocked Stahlwille.

Thanks
    Festool missing also, along with triton.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information