Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CIFA concrete pump truck- GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,267 Times in 9,726 Posts

CIFA concrete pump truck- GIF

The CIFA Carbotec K60H is a 5-axle concrete pump truck with a 60-meter (197 ft) long boom. Of the six boom sections, three are made of steel, while the other three are made of carbon fiber.

Previously:

Concrete being pumped across construction site - GIF
    Concrete mixer attachment for skid steer - GIF
    Upside-down concrete curb creation - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

baja (Jun 1, 2019), KustomsbyKent (May 31, 2019), Seedtick (May 31, 2019)

Thanks

Ralphxyz's Tools
    I always wondered how the clean the tubes when they are done with a pour? Just move to the side and dump?

Ralph

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    They suck a wet nerf ball back thru the tubes and there is a hatch on the bottom of the hopper that can be removed to dump any mud that was sucked back thru the tubes. (some operators like to jack the boom straight up in the air when they do this, that is a sight to see with some of the bigger units)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to drivermark For This Useful Post:

Jon (Jun 3, 2019)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    How much concrete is wasted with clean out on a 60 meter pump?

Thanks
    I don't think I ever backed a mixer up to a 60m but 45m pumps usually left about 3 or 4 wheelbarrows worth on the ground after cleaning out. However big the hopper is on a particular machine, the tubes will hold about 1/2-3/4 the amount that will fit in the hopper.
    You need to have the hopper at least 1/4 full when pumping or else the pump can "blow back" which means the pressure from the pump can come back through the hopper and blow wet concrete all over the place at the hopper end and blow high velocity mud out at the end of the hose (which makes it really hard to hold on to and really pisses off the guy holding the end of the hose)
    When the job is close to finished the pump operator will usually tell the mixer driver to let the hopper get low so the hopper will be able to hold the material in the pipes and hoses without over flowing the hopper. (which makes another big mess and will piss off pump operators)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drivermark View Post
    I don't think I ever backed a mixer up to a 60m but 45m pumps usually left about 3 or 4 wheelbarrows worth on the ground after cleaning out. However big the hopper is on a particular machine, the tubes will hold about 1/2-3/4 the amount that will fit in the hopper.
    You need to have the hopper at least 1/4 full when pumping or else the pump can "blow back" which means the pressure from the pump can come back through the hopper and blow wet concrete all over the place at the hopper end and blow high velocity mud out at the end of the hose (which makes it really hard to hold on to and really pisses off the guy holding the end of the hose)
    When the job is close to finished the pump operator will usually tell the mixer driver to let the hopper get low so the hopper will be able to hold the material in the pipes and hoses without over flowing the hopper. (which makes another big mess and will piss off pump operators)
    But can the pump empty the pipe both up and down sides and deliver it to the hose end? If so, how?

Thanks
    Not exactly sure what you're asking there Tooler.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    I am asking if the pump can send all the concrete in the pipe (both up and down) to the form? How does it manage this? compressed air? The only time I used one on a friends job there was nearly a yard of waste and it was unusable because it was watered down too much. I was too busy to chat with the operator at the time!

Thanks
    That there would depend on the pump and the skill of the operator. Some pump operators have little tricks and gadgets that they use to minimize the mess and clean up time. Others not so much.
    With some of the big boom pumps they'll throw some plywood on the hopper grate and pump away until nothing will come out the end of the hose then I've seen line pump guys make a gigantic mess. But if the mixer driver and pump operators work together and communicate the mess can usually be minimized.
    Hope that helps.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drivermark View Post
    That there would depend on the pump and the skill of the operator. Some pump operators have little tricks and gadgets that they use to minimize the mess and clean up time. Others not so much.
    With some of the big boom pumps they'll throw some plywood on the hopper grate and pump away until nothing will come out the end of the hose then I've seen line pump guys make a gigantic mess. But if the mixer driver and pump operators work together and communicate the mess can usually be minimized.
    Hope that helps.
    I just want to know how the pump can send the last mix up the pipe with no new material going in?

Thread Information