Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Complete Woodworking Centre

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Brendon's Tools

Complete Woodworking Centre

Here is a complete woodworking set-up in less than 4 square metres. It comprises of a saw table with outfeed table, a router table, a reversible fence, a router mill gantry (with a 1/2" Trend router) for flattening large boards or slabs and a 9-drawer tool storage cabinet.

Complete Woodworking Centre-img_4252.jpgComplete Woodworking Centre-img_4254.jpgComplete Woodworking Centre-img_4255.jpgComplete Woodworking Centre-img_4256.jpgComplete Woodworking Centre-img_4257.jpgComplete Woodworking Centre-img_4258.jpg Complete Woodworking Centre-img_4260.jpg

The fence is reversible by way of unlocking two mag-switches; it only takes a few seconds to lift the fence off and turn it around. One side is for the saw table and the other side is for the router. There is a gang of electrical sockets in front of the router table and another behind the outfeed table. These are handy for plugging in various power tools. I also have a Cross-cut Sled for the saw table (last picture) . The outfeed table also doubles as a work surface and assembly table. Two of the tool drawers are shown open and each drawer is labelled so I know where everything is. Since I built this set-up I have found that I don't mislay my hand tools as I often did before and the extra work surface has been more useful than I ever imagined it would. It means my main work bench is less cluttered as I don't have to keep pushing stuff to one side to allow for assembly.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Brendon For This Useful Post:

Beserkleyboy (Dec 12, 2019), Christophe Mineau (Sep 18, 2015), gunsgt1863 (Apr 6, 2018), high-side (Dec 14, 2019), Jon (Sep 6, 2015), kbalch (Sep 8, 2015), Paul Jones (Sep 6, 2015), PJs (Sep 8, 2015), Slim-123 (Dec 12, 2019), thoms_here (Nov 19, 2017)

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Brendon's Tools
    I forgot to mention that work can be clamped onto the surface easily when working from the rear of the unit and at the front by opening the top drawer slightly so that the clamps can reach under the surface.
    Brendon

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Brendon For This Useful Post:

PJs (Sep 8, 2015)

Thanks

hmn25's Tools
    Very well made, nice to have all the tools at hand.

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Brendon's Tools
    Yes it is. You wouldn't believe the difference it makes having all the hand tools properly organised.
    Makes life much easier. The only thing is you have to be disciplined in putting things back in their
    drawer at the end of each session in the shop.
    Thanks for your comment
    B

Thanks
    Thanks Brendon! I've added your Woodworking Center to our Workbenches and Storage and Organization categories, as well as to your builder page: Brendon's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

Thanks
    Hi Brendon,

Another gorgeous bit of work! Your Woodworking Center is the 'Tool of the Week'!

As you've already received one of our official HomemadeTools.net T-shirts, we'd be glad to award you a $25 online gift card from GiftRocket.

Just let me have email address (via PM) and we'll get things processed directly.

Congrats!

Ken

Thanks
    Brandon
    That cabinet you have looks like a drafting case, Is it? I had one when I used my pencils. It was a great way to store your blueprints flat. It made a big difference. I love your set up, it looks real good and practical.

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Brendon's Tools
    Yes, that's exactly what it is. I worked in construction for 40 years before I retired; we used to keep plans and blueprints in the cabinet. When I closed up
    my office I took it home. It works great for storing and organizing hand tools.
    Thanks for your comment.
    Brendon
    Visit my blog at www.waneyedgeworkshop.com

Thanks
    Brendon
    Very nice UP-CYCLE, us an old thing for a new and better than throwing away. Very nice and I am sure it is just the trick with a lot of storage room. Thank for the reply.
    Nelson

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Brendon's Tools
    Yes Nelson
    Great storage. the top surface is useful too.
    Brendon

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Visit my blog at www.waneyedgeworkshop.com

Thread Information