Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Concrete form for curves, bender board.

Supporting Member machiningfool's Avatar
    Thanks

machiningfool's Tools

Concrete form for curves, bender board.

I mentioned before that I am designing a garden railroad. This layout has quite a few curves, all of which is the same radii, so this tool will permit me to accurately place the bender board for curves in the proper position. This tool is a fixed radius, but could be designed to be adjustable, this curve is 93 inches, which happens to be the inside curve for the foundation for the layout. The outside form will be laid after the inside one with simple 2x4's for symmetry. I am making the foundation or railbed 54 inches wide. The reason for the wide width is to accommodate the cement mixer and the hoist to lay the 195 lb. sections of viaduct for the layout. The pictures that I have today are of the bender board end. It allows me to clamp the bender board in the correct position so that I may drive stakes and screw the board to the stakes. I will have follow up pictures and explanations in the coming days. The center of the arc will have a height adjustment for the center of the circle. The height of it will be adjusted with a laser level. The other end will have a level to adjust the height of the board. Tomorrow I will make the adjustable jack for the board end and the center rotational attachment, so here is what I have done so far. The last picture is of the attach point for the center of the arc, you will see a better of that tomorrow. Bob.Concrete form for curves, bender board.-img_0595.jpgConcrete form for curves, bender board.-img_0596.jpgConcrete form for curves, bender board.-img_0597.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by machiningfool; Sep 17, 2016 at 04:54 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to machiningfool For This Useful Post:

Jon (Sep 22, 2016), Paul Jones (Sep 16, 2016)

Supporting Member machiningfool's Avatar
    Thanks

machiningfool's Tools
    OK, it's done. Here are some pictures of the axis end and the bender board end. After the height of the axis end is adjusted with a centralized laser level and positioned per the drawings, and concrete blocks laid on the base for stability, the bender board end will be leveled with the attached level and the height will be adjusted with the adjustable stand and the wingnut tightened and the bender board clamped. Then, stakes will be driven about 18 inches apart and screwed to the stakes. Bob.Concrete form for curves, bender board.-img_0598.jpgConcrete form for curves, bender board.-img_0599.jpgConcrete form for curves, bender board.-img_0601.jpgConcrete form for curves, bender board.-img_0602.jpg

2000 Tool Plans
    Last edited by machiningfool; Sep 17, 2016 at 04:51 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to machiningfool For This Useful Post:

Jon (Sep 22, 2016), Paul Jones (Sep 16, 2016), PJs (Sep 21, 2016)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks machiningfool! We've added your Concrete Form Tool to our Model Making category,
    as well as to your builder page: machiningfool's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information