Free 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Remove advertisements
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cordless drill with a cord

PJs
    Thanks

PJs's Tools
    That charger is a single stage "Bulk" charger, unregulated, and ramps to 17.3VDC. Not good for 5AH Sealed LA even at 500ma and will kill the battery with only a few charges, especially if you leave it on and forget it as it would take quite a while to charge a 5AH at 500ma. See my battery hear it sizzle...It's basically a expensive wall wart.

If you want to charge SLA's you need at least a 2 stage and preferably 3 stage with sealed batteries. For ~$35 you can get a 4 stage charger that charges most types of batteries and will "tend" them, plus use it for other things too.
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PJs For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (05-09-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,579 Times in 904 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by PJs View Post
    That charger is a single stage "Bulk" charger, unregulated, and ramps to 17.3VDC. Not good for 5AH Sealed LA even at 500ma and will kill the battery with only a few charges, especially if you leave it on and forget it as it would take quite a while to charge a 5AH at 500ma. See my battery hear it sizzle...It's basically a expensive wall wart.

If you want to charge SLA's you need at least a 2 stage and preferably 3 stage with sealed batteries. For ~$35 you can get a 4 stage charger that charges most types of batteries and will "tend" them, plus use it for other things too.
    My mistake, PJ. That was the first one I stumbled across while searching and, due to impatience, showed it. I should have taken the time to search my Amazon orders and locate the one I bought. Here it is...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A bit more than $10 but still a useful item to have around the house and shop.

Post your reply!
    Join 33,912 of us and get our 50 Must Read Homemade Tools eBook free.

50 Must Read Homemade Tools
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Thread Information