Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Cowboy after OSHA inspection - photo

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,837 Times in 11,335 Posts

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Alan Purdy (May 19, 2019), baja (May 19, 2019), Scotsman Hosie (May 19, 2019), Seedtick (May 18, 2019), tonyfoale (May 19, 2019), Tonyg (May 19, 2019)

Thanks
    PMSL it is about right on how crazy OHSA is. find me one cowboy or girl who would use even 1/8 of that **** and i would show you one that is not just a wannabe but one that could not work in an iron lung. most the closest they get to safety gear is leather chaps and vest and suitable boots that are less likely to get caught up. most wont even wear helmets but stick to the stetson (USA) or akubra (australia). Most of them if an employer told them to wear much more safety gear they would just walk off and go find work elsewhere

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hembrasalvaje For This Useful Post:

tonyfoale (May 19, 2019)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Right, safety is just a big joke. As they say, "It is all fun and games until somebody gets hurt, and then it becomes a sport."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cmarlow For This Useful Post:

Scotsman Hosie (May 19, 2019)

Thanks
    Not quite what i meant. Safety is important however the Joke in the image above is that there is only so far you can go before safety becomes ridiculous to the point you cant do the job. This usually happens when petty bureaucrats who know nothing of the job at hand set down safety rules that in the end make the job impossible. There is always a certain amount of risk involved in EVERYTHING you do in life including getting out of bed in the morning but then there is also risk in just staying in bed as well. Risk minimization is the key and PPE can only reduce so much especially in more dangerous jobs. Go too hard on PPE and it ends up breeding overconfidence and greater risk taking in other areas resulting in greater injury. I personally have seen it all too many times. Motorbike helmets and other gear when mustering cattle i have seen cause accidents due to peripheral vision being limited and a cow or worse a bull coming at the rider from the blind spot.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hembrasalvaje For This Useful Post:

tonyfoale (May 19, 2019), Tonyg (May 19, 2019)

Thread Information