Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Custom Multi Plug

Thanks

garage nut's Tools

Custom Multi Plug

Actually knocked this together when I was working on the boat. I ended up having to have the soldering iron on while using the drill and then the jig saw and the the angle grinder while trying to charge the batteries all at the same time. the plugging in and out finally got the better of me and I went looking what was possible from my box of electrical plugs and wires. and came up with this. I have some of those commercial multi plugs, but they never have the correct mix of what I need. Here in SA we have our own 3 pin plugs as well as the international 2 pin plugs. I also wanted a tell tail light showing there is power up to the plug. Too often I had to get off the boat just because the power was switched off at the wall.

Custom Multi Plug-connector-box-3.jpg

Custom Multi Plug-connector-box-2.jpg

All 6 sides have been fitted with a socket. Also used a heavy 2.5mm Sq wire too the plug although I very seldom run all the heavy consumers at the same time. The center piece is just 2 4x4 surface mouning boxes screwed together.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to garage nut For This Useful Post:

natie123 (May 22, 2018), olderdan (May 19, 2018), PJs (May 19, 2018), rlm98253 (May 19, 2018), Seedtick (May 19, 2018)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks garage nut! We've added your Multiple Outlet Box to our Electrical category,
    as well as to your builder page: garage nut's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information