Free 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Remove advertisements
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks
    I work out of my truck most work days and some at home. I like to see others work trucks, thanks
    Eric

J_P

Thanks
    after all welding and grinding is done a good sand blast will prepare the blade for painting the final product should look exctly as if it were assembled in the factory
    What color is that paint on the blade ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,669 Times in 842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J_P View Post
    What color is that paint on the blade ?
    That was called new cat yellow produced in batches of 500 gallons for the company by Dantex paints. It was direct to metal paint if sprayed over freshly sandblasted metal The painter used a 1500 PSI Gray-co airless spray rig sprayed without any reducers or thinners. Quick drying and as hard as epoxy once cured
    Here is a shot of a repair area on a scraper neck that I worked over night to repair a 20 inch long crack in you can't see the crack or where it was but it extended from the top right around the cushion knuckle pivot "right top" all the way down then around and under the neck I gouged ground welded sanded then peened the area with a needle scaler gun and a pointed air chipper to mimic the texture of the casting the slight vertical depression is factory spot sand blasted and painted before a customer arrived that morning The customer knew the neck was cracked because he sold it to the company only a week before, but his mechanic looked for half an hour and couldn't find it even though he had a picture of the crack. That's how we rolled fix it right and get paid or not at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D10 Dozer blade conversion-scan0766-631d-neck.jpg  

Post your reply!
    Join 33,912 of us and get our 50 Must Read Homemade Tools eBook free.

50 Must Read Homemade Tools
    Last edited by Frank S; 03-21-2018 at 07:09 PM.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use http://kbs.justoldtrucks.com/

Thread Information