Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: DIY Cable Stripper Machine for Recycling Copper Wires.

Thanks

kess's Tools

DIY Cable Stripper Machine for Recycling Copper Wires.

• DIY Cable stripper Part 1 Main Base & Bearings Bushing Base
    • DIY Cable Stripper Part 2 Adjustable Pressure Slider & Power Motor
    • Cable Stripper in Action
    At the first and second videos is a step by step layout guide, including materials and plans while in the third video is how it works with various cables.
    The cost of the materials is very small and you can make it with any leftovers that you may have. Basically I calculate my plan according on what I had available. You can also modify the dimensions according to what you have from materials or to your needs.
    For the roller rotation I have use the motor from an old battery hand drill (14vdc) and one of my two bench top regulated power supplies 10~18VDC/30A & 2~24V/DC10A (both can drive the motor and do the job)

Tools and accessories that used during the build:
    • Drill press,
    • Drill bits ø3 - 3,5short - 4 - 5 - 6 - 8 - 10 -12 - 16 / 16,5mm,
    • Counter shank (alternatively you can use drill bits ø 12 or 12,5 & 16,5mm)
    • Aniline color,
    • Pen Scriber.
    • Numeric markers,
    • Center punch 3mm & 8mm,
    • M6 & M12 taps,
    • Angle grinder 115mm
    • Cutting disks 1mm & 3mm,
    • Grinding flywheel,
    • Clamps,
    • Files,
    • Welding machine/ mask / 6013 electrodes 2,5mm,
    • Disk saw machine (alternatively you can use your angle grinder with 1mm cutting disc),
    • Tape measure, vernier, square,
    • Hack saw,
    • Hammer,
    • Vary wrenches,
    • and Screwdriver.

DIY Cable Stripper Machine for Recycling Copper Wires.-01.jpg DIY Cable Stripper Machine for Recycling Copper Wires.-01-1.jpg DIY Cable Stripper Machine for Recycling Copper Wires.-02.jpg DIY Cable Stripper Machine for Recycling Copper Wires.-03.jpg DIY Cable Stripper Machine for Recycling Copper Wires.-04.jpg DIY Cable Stripper Machine for Recycling Copper Wires.-05.jpg DIY Cable Stripper Machine for Recycling Copper Wires.-06.jpg DIY Cable Stripper Machine for Recycling Copper Wires.-07.jpg DIY Cable Stripper Machine for Recycling Copper Wires.-08.jpg DIY Cable Stripper Machine for Recycling Copper Wires.-09.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kess For This Useful Post:

darkoford (Apr 1, 2018), Jon (Oct 26, 2017), mwmkravchenko (Apr 1, 2018), rlm98253 (Apr 1, 2018), Seedtick (Oct 25, 2017), Sleykin (Oct 26, 2017), sossol (Dec 6, 2019), thevillageinn (Apr 1, 2018)

Thanks
    Beautiful piece of work. Thanks for sharing. You did a very nice job and it looks to work well.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

kess's Tools
    Thanks a lot Ncollar I am glad you like it

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,616 Times in 11,283 Posts
    Congratulations kess - your Cable Stripper is the Homemade Tool of the Week!

Like your previous winning Sheetmetal Brake, this is a highly-detailed build with an excellent end product.

Some nice entries this week: an excellent Finger Plate by rossbotics, an Angle Plate by rossbotics, a Rock Tumbler by DrByte, a Leather Motorcycle Jacket by rendoman, a Bit Holder by Tuomas, a multi-part Mill Resto-Mod by Captainleeward, a Chop Saw Caddy by Tuomas, Snap Ring Plier Tips by pfredX1, and Simple Tire Bead Spreaders by Frank S. We also saw a Power Hacksaw by garage nut, which was the culmination of an excellent discussion demonstrating how enjoyable and intellectually satisfying it is when people post their homemade tool builds in progress.

kess - we've added your tool entry to our All Homemade Tool of the Week winners post. And, you'll be receiving a $25 online gift card, in your choice of Amazon, PayPal, or bitcoin. Please PM me your current email address and gift card choice and I'll get it sent over right away.

This is your 2nd Homemade Tool of the Week win! One more win and you'll join these 3-Time Homemade Tool of the Week winners: rossbotics, mr95gst, Paul Jones, Christophe Mineau, immortalx, scorch, Brendon, Frank S, mklotz, Vyacheslav.Nevolya, brianhw, LMMasterMariner, jjr2001, Tuomas, olderdan, tonyfoale.

Here are all of your winning homemade tools:

Last edited by Jon; Oct 25, 2021 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks

kess's Tools
    Hi Jon,

Thanks a lot.
    I had long time to publish something, but I didn’t have the free time to make something
    I just watching the publications.

Regards
    Bill

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information