Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: diy home made vapour blast wet blast cabinet

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,837 Times in 11,335 Posts
    Congratulations Mrjoshovhull - your Vapor Blaster is the Homemade Tool of the Week!

We had a strong week here with homemade tools, but you won this one by building a rare tool. There still aren't many homemade vapor blaster builds on the net. That will change (years ago, there were few table saw sled builds on the net!), and it will be because of the handful of early builds.

As is internet tradition, later builders will heavily rely on these early builds for ideas, while of course simultaneously criticizing them. I can see this build on YouTube and Facebook; feel free to post some more build details here, and we'll accelerate that process.

Excellent week. Some nice picks: a Lathe Keyway Cutter by Vyacheslav.Nevolya, a 4 Bolt Compound Clamp by LMMasterMariner, a Poor Man's Lathe DRO by bobs409, a Steady Rest Modification by Christophe Mineau, and a Small Mandrel by astroracer. There were also two good mill table LED light builds: a Mill Light by Ralphxyz and a Mill Light by Christophe Mineau. Plus a hat tip to Woodgeezr for his digital caliper silver oxide battery suggestion, that, while technically not a tool, received a mountain of Thanks votes.

Mrjoshovhull - you'll be receiving one of our official HomemadeTools.net T-shirts:

Please PM me a mailing address, black/white color choice, and size preference, and I'll get it mailed out shortly.

And, we've added the wrench-on-pedestal award to the awards showcase in your postbit, visible beneath your username:

Congrats again and nice job!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 709 Posts

tonyfoale's Tools
    This morning I was driving down the road when I spotted a large fibre-glass sand filter tank for a swimming pool left next to a roadside rubbish bin. Instead of seeing it for what it was I only saw it for what it could be - a wet blaster cabinet. Once I got it home, and safely hidden from "her indoors", I had a closer look and realised that it is ideally suited to the job and will have no corrosion problems which I would have had if I tried it with my existing dry blast cabinet.
    I expect that it'll form the subject of a post here when I get around to doing it, but before I get to that I have some engines and bikes to build.

2000 Tool Plans

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Mrjoshovhull's Tools
    thanks allot . i have updated the post

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Mrjoshovhull's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Hi Mrjoshovhull - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Great first post! We'll get your build indexed and added to the encyclopedia, credited to your name. Can you give us more details on the build process?
    cheers jon , i have updated the description

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information