Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Drag racer switches motorcycles mid-race

Thanks

MeJasonT's Tools
    Murder one - showed intent, malice an fore thought. be like lunging at someone with a knife. Shame it wasn't in a state with the death penalty. The human race has gone nuts.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Citizen of the "New democratic" Republic of Britain, liberated from the EuroNation

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MeJasonT For This Useful Post:

PJs (Sep 16, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Irresponsible, yes, without question.
    However I'm thinking it's #13's reaction to some foul moments earlier by #62 rider. #13 certainly accelerated with this dastardly trick in mind. #13 even looks back to gauge #62's reaction.
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/78a60ae...b-fbf765f9eb06

That he only tweaked the brake is kind. 6 piston 400mm rotor Brembo style brakes have incredible stopping power.

2000 Tool Plans
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Looked to me that #62 had a perfect line and well ahead coming out of the corner...how #12 caught him was probably over reving before shifting as his wheel lifted when he shifted. You may be right though after a few more views, it does look like he is looking back and saying some unheard words of Take that you twit. No excuses though, bad sportsmanship and dangerous at best...and a nose wheelie was entirely possible had he held on a 1/2 second longer or hit it harder with those brakes, or possibly a high speed wobble crash (although those frames are pretty stiff and fork/rear suspension dialed in).

My 1050ST Turnip which was only 125hp, 500lb and change wet plus 240 for me, had front brakes like that and would toss you over the bars without judicious use...never did but, nose wheelied "Not" on purpose twice, when I first got it. And it only had dual 320mm 4 piston, fronts. My son's 1098S Duc was even more treacherous that way and it had 330mm 4 piston dual pad floating Brembo's but only 439lb wet and 160hp...a real Crate rocket. The old Z1 was a "Bruce Moose" comparatively to either of these...let alone what these guys are riding.

PJ
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

Thanks

MeJasonT's Tools
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8532616.html
    I have one issue with his reasons for his stupidity. Like Fomula 1, Nascar etc the drivers are communicating with their crew over radio, if the three alleged incidents took place prior to his aggressive response then why did no one speak up as they would have heard him mouthing off about the earlier incidents. Utter fiction.

He must have been to Russian spy school where the two Russian story telling agents went who apparently didn't poison a couple in the UK as they were site seeing.

What is it about people on TV telling porkys and thinking the observant amongst us wont notice they are talking crap (without going into politics)
    Citizen of the "New democratic" Republic of Britain, liberated from the EuroNation

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MeJasonT For This Useful Post:

HobieDave (Mar 4, 2020), Jon (Sep 16, 2018), PJs (Sep 16, 2018), Scotsman Hosie (Apr 10, 2019), Toolmaker51 (Sep 16, 2018)

PJs
    Thanks

PJs's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by MeJasonT View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8532616.html
    I have one issue with his reasons for his stupidity. Like Fomula 1, Nascar etc the drivers are communicating with their crew over radio, if the three alleged incidents took place prior to his aggressive response then why did no one speak up as they would have heard him mouthing off about the earlier incidents. Utter fiction.

He must have been to Russian spy school where the two Russian story telling agents went who apparently didn't poison a couple in the UK as they were site seeing.

What is it about people on TV telling porkys and thinking the observant amongst us wont notice they are talking crap (without going into politics)
    Great find on the article MeJasonT. You may be right about the coms and should be other evidence of it from the pits or officials...lord knows there are enough cameras at those events. Either way it appears he has "Retired" or more likely fired from racing, rubber on his helmet and leathers or not, he looks pretty wild eyed on one of those photos...And he's been busted before.

Good to get some clarity over arm-chair observations!

PJ
    Mark Twain

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PJs For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Sep 16, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Great bit of digging, MeJasonT, into this event! Apparently just last weekend, an episode of poor judgement & sportsmanship. Every once in awhile otherwise competitive hot heads tangle, that abandon a reputation in what you'd suppose they worked hard to create.

I'll just stay over here, and trash lawyers or insurance agents. Or used car salesmen.

While I'm on it though, while it'd be wrong to post the link, this also was last weekend. I don't mean to slight guys with smaller machinery but this was laughable. Ok, wait for it...
    Local Craigslist, Services section. Ad offers prototype and reverse-engineered style work, in his personal shop @ $100 an hour. A reasonable deal at certain levels I suppose, and less than rates of job shops here about. Opened ad to see what photos offered. My, what a sophisticated facility!
    A three-in-one [lathe, mill, drill]. As in period (.)!
    No height gauge, surface plate, pin gauges, metrology of any kind, rack of barstock, multi-drawered rollaway, plasma cutters, end mills, lathe bits, welders, bandsaws, apron brake, slip roll, beader, surface grinder, bench grinder, right angle grinder...
    Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
    Maybe I'll just paste the picture, lol. He obviously has lots to learn, starting with presence and advertising.

Be good for our further examination in http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/s...ght-lies-42152
    Or start a new thread; Posers.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Toolmaker51 For This Useful Post:

Scotsman Hosie (Apr 10, 2019)

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,792 Times in 11,326 Posts
    Similar concept captured on the street.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Scotsman Hosie (Apr 10, 2019), Seedtick (Dec 6, 2018)

PJs
    Thanks

PJs's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Similar concept captured on the street.

<video controls autoplay loop>
    <source src="https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmt-forum/motorcycle_driver_becomes_passenger.mp4" type="video/mp4">
    Your browser does not support the video tag.
    </video>
    What the blitzkrieg happened...did he nose wheely on to the back of the car and Drop His Bike???
    Mark Twain

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Re: the incident between Fenati & Manzi; I wish they would show the footage prior to that incident, backing up Fenati's claims. It won't change the outcome, and shouldn't, but there's no known discourse about Manzi's behavior. I empathize with Fenati, as I'm very much the same.
    Although I don't ride on the track, I've been a lifelong biker. I'm a responsible & experienced rider. I don't cut through traffic where I don't belong and surprise folks. I make my presence known, then settle into my place in traffic. I have a lot of patience dealing with bad & ignorant drivers that continually threaten my life, but God forbid someone purposely acts against me. When I know someone willingly drives through me because they can, I lose my mind. The last incident was several years ago when, during busy commute hours, a man in a car next to me in the adjoining lane looked directly at me then decided to take me place in my lane. He drove into me, putting himself dangerously close to my handlebar, so I swung at his mirror and knocked it off. He stared at me in disbelief, then backed off the accelerator to give me my space. The folks in the cars around us were cheering me after. I resumed my regular pace in front of him for awhile, but after a bit, he decided to chase me. Being that this happened in New Orleans, I doubted he was looking to exchange apologies, I just picked up my pace slightly and lost him in traffic.
    On the footage with the motorcyclist on the car, I searched hard to see what traffic was doing before their incident. Unfortunately, nothing is apparent. The rider pulled off an amazing stunt, even if unwittingly. I can't imagine how he wound up in that position, but I hope to God it wasn't because of him racing through the streets.
    Last edited by KickStart; Dec 7, 2018 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Font size

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KickStart For This Useful Post:

PJs (Dec 7, 2018), Toolmaker51 (Dec 7, 2018)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Unfortunately the current round of rice rocket jockeys seem to have a lack of mental power.

Thread Information