Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dump truck hydraulic explosion - GIF

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,789 Times in 11,325 Posts

Dump truck hydraulic explosion - GIF

Dump truck hydraulic explosion. Yes, I believe this counts as an "explosion", although I had to look it up. Definitely among the rarer explosive catastrophe vids on the net.

Not sure what's happening here. Why is the guy running right before the explosion? Sees/hears something? Yes, he appears to jog away after the explosion. No gore here, but the driver is probably not so lucky.

Previously:

Combustible wood dust explosion safety video
    NHRA Funny Car engine explosion
    Steel mill wet charge explosion - video
    Exploding disc brake GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

dubbby (Apr 25, 2020), Midwestern640 (Aug 17, 2019), Scotsman Hosie (Mar 26, 2019), Seedtick (Oct 20, 2017), Trojan Horse (Oct 21, 2017)

Thanks
    Over loaded or wet product which didn't side and transfer weight towards back
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Dump truck hydraulic explosion. Yes, I believe this counts as an "explosion", although I had to look it up. Definitely among the rarer explosive catastrophe vids on the net.

Not sure what's happening here. Why is the guy running right before the explosion? Sees/hears something? Yes, he appears to jog away after the explosion. No gore here, but the driver is probably not so lucky.

Separate event, same type of catastrophe with same type of vehicle. 55-second video:

Previously:

http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/c...5851#post82647
    http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/n...6845#post84468
    http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/s...3329#post98769
    http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/e...7059#post84946

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    over loaded or wet product which didn't transfer weight toward back

Thanks
    Hydraulic pressure has been known to remove fingers/hand and can also be injected thru the skin

Jon
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JB64 View Post
    Hydraulic pressure has been known to remove fingers/hand and can also be injected thru the skin
    I didn't know this, but a quick internet search provides all the evidence necessary to back up your point. Public service message: do not look up "hydraulic injection injury" in Google Images.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

HobieDave (Mar 18, 2020), PJs (Jan 2, 2019), Scotsman Hosie (Mar 27, 2019), that_other_guy (Oct 10, 2021), Trojan Horse (Oct 21, 2017)

Thanks
    Made in China perhaps?

Thanks
    I didn't know this, but a quick internet search provides all the evidence necessary to back up your point. Public service message: do not look up "hydraulic injection injury" in Google Images.
    A pressure washer can do the same thing Jon. I had one remove the skin from my thumb when I carelessly allowed the business end to pass over it while holding a part I was cleaning. Thankfully the angle it was at kept it from injecting the soap and water into my thumb. It was the type of stupid mistake you only need to make once....

Jon
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Hydraulic ram explodes. 0:51 video:

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

durrelltn (Jul 16, 2022), PJs (Jan 2, 2019), Scotsman Hosie (Mar 27, 2019), Scotty1 (Dec 31, 2018), Seedtick (Dec 31, 2018)

Supporting Member
    Thanks

wizard69's Tools
    There was a guy at work that suffered a hydraulic injection injury, apparently before i started working in this plant. The description of the attempted remediation was gut wrenching. Basically they skin you alive to try to clean out the hydraulic oil. My understanding is that he did not live long afterwards though I'm not sure if the death was self inflicted. This was a place with some safety standards, too previous to that I was working in a die casting foundry where trips to the hospital seemed to be a regular occurrence.

I generally don't even like helping people with hydraulic problems over the net. Sometimes you get the feeling they want to actively ignore your warnings. In any event if people have ever seen a water jet work they should have a sound understanding of the dangers of hydraulic failures.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wizard69 For This Useful Post:

NortonDommi (Jan 9, 2019), PJs (Jan 2, 2019), Scotsman Hosie (Mar 27, 2019)

Thanks

NortonDommi's Tools
    When I was doing my time an idiot at a different base stuck a pneumatic grease gun up one of the apprentices arse and pulled the trigger "for a joke". Poor guy died after a month in hospital. I have had little to no tolerance for 'pranks' ever since.

Thread Information