Free 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Remove advertisements

Thread: Flying butterfly greeting card - GIF

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,854 Times in 2,155 Posts

Flying butterfly greeting card - GIF

Flying butterfly greeting card. I like the concept of cards, but the modern implementation is pretty cringeworthy - mostly picking out a hokey premade message and scribbling something trite on it.

However, this is creative, and I like how the surprised peoples' hand flapping motions mimic the butterfly's wings.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

PJs (12-07-2018), Seedtick (12-06-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,558 Times in 1,284 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Do people actually get that freaked out for that long when something jumps out of an envelope. I can understands being startled most everyone id going to have some reaction when something suddenly bursts into flight. but a couple of those gals looked as though they may have heart failure over it. Only the small children and the 1 young lady showed reactions that I would expect.
    Last edited by Frank S; 12-05-2018 at 08:15 PM.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use http://kbs.justoldtrucks.com/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

PJs (12-07-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 711 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Flying butterfly greeting card. I like the concept of cards, but the modern implementation is pretty cringeworthy - mostly picking out a hokey premade message and scribbling something trite on it. However, this is creative, and I like how the
    surprised peoples' hand flapping motions mimic the butterfly's wings.
    Exactly why these cards don't use hummingbirds!
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks
    True story here and not sure how I got away unscathed...

Long time ago at the MO. state fair, my bro inlaw and I pulled a prank on innocent bystanders at the displays of live rattlesnakes that were in barrels with glass ends for viewing the reptiles. I had a folded envelope with a button wound up with a rubberband on a piece of heavy wire tucked inside so that it would unwind and buzz like crazy for a few seconds only when the envelope was unfolded enough to allow the wound up button to freely spin. It had "Texas rattler fangs" boldly written on it. When a bunch had gathered around one of the barrels, I kind of casually said something like. "Well that one may have a serious bite, but nothing like these Texas rattler teeth I got here" Of course there were plenty of gawkers that took interest. I casually held out the envelope to nobody in particular. A young guy took it while his girlfriend and all the rest standing around looked on. As soon as he started to open the envelope it started unwinding, buzzing loudly... He jumped and immediately dropped the angrily buzzing envelope, his girlfriend screamed, there were several alarmed gasps and many jumped back startled. It was all I could do to not pee my pants from laughing so hard... Got plenty of sour looks from some folks. But there were more than a few who probably knew what was coming and laughed too... just not as loud and long as the bro inlaw and me. So yeah, people will freak out.

Post your reply!
    Join 33,912 of us and get our 173 Must Read Homemade Tools eBook free.

173 Must Read Homemade Tools

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bandito2 For This Useful Post:

PJs (12-07-2018)

Thread Information