Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Folding welding tablebtop

Thanks

sossol's Tools

Folding welding tablebtop

This is for the folding table in one of my other posts here.
    It's made from garage door track, random hinges, random scrap and the roof skin from a fire-damaged 2001 BMW touring.
    I know that I should have boxed the shell in first, but I wanted to build the frame first for no rational reason. It worked out well enough.

Folding welding tablebtop-img_7261.jpg Folding welding tablebtop-img_7262.jpg Folding welding tablebtop-img_7263.jpg
    These turnbuckles hold the top open and closed. The handle doubles as a place to park the grounding clamp.
    Folding welding tablebtop-img_7370.jpg Folding welding tablebtop-img_7372.jpg Folding welding tablebtop-img_7375.jpg

Folding welding tablebtop-img_7119.jpg Folding welding tablebtop-img_7202.jpg Folding welding tablebtop-img_7224.jpg

Bonus: I made this greazy corner welding jig so that I could tack the inside and outside:
    Folding welding tablebtop-img_7226.jpg Folding welding tablebtop-img_7225.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Folding welding tablebtop-img_7119.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sossol For This Useful Post:

Jon (Feb 12, 2016), kbalch (Feb 14, 2016)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts
    Thanks sossol! We've added your Folding Welding Tabletop to our Welding Tables category, as well as to your builder page: sossol's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information