Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: frame jig

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,792 Times in 11,326 Posts
    Looks like fun!

BTW feel free to add those site links to your forum signature so you can get free traffic from us.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Those are beauties Hardtail! Interesting hexagonal disc on the first picture. Wish you all the best in finding a new place big enough for your growing needs!! Thanks for the new Pics and update! Like Will Smith says..."I gotta get me one of these". Got my grandson his first leather jacket for Christmas with a flight cap...but he'll grow out of it before we get there I have a feeling, so his dad and I will have to play with it first and make sure it's safe for him...when he's old enough.

Attachment 7312

Thanks! ~PJ

2000 Tool Plans
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

Thanks

hardtail69's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Looks like fun!

BTW feel free to add those site links to your forum signature so you can get free traffic from us.
    I WOULD IF I KNEW HOW TO DO THAT LOL

ROB

Thanks
    Hey Rob,

See here:

Forum Signature How-To

Feel free to PM me if you need further clarification.

Ken

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtail69 View Post
    we are going ahead with the drift trikes. But, it looks like you are asking if we are going to sell the frame jigs? Never thought of that but hey why not . We like to make money. lol I also pop a lot more now as well. lol In my sixties so its allowed.
    Have you decide if you are going to sell the frame jigs? I would be interested in purchasing one from you. PM me if you prefer. What have you decided on the price? Thanks.

Thanks

hardtail69's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by FOMOGO View Post
    Have you decide if you are going to sell the frame jigs? I would be interested in purchasing one from you. PM me if you prefer. What have you decided on the price? Thanks.
    we never have given it much serious thought the shipping would be pretty bad unless we go through Fastenal they will ship about anything anywhere in the country for 200 bucks but that seems a lot to me too. Are you sure you wouldn't rather build one yourself? let me know I will think about this more seriously this coming week and give you an answer.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hardtail69 For This Useful Post:

FOMOGO (Mar 5, 2016), PJs (Mar 5, 2016)

Thanks
    200 bucks is way too high. What does it weight? If you sold just the specialty parts and let the purchaser buy the steel and assemble the jig per your instructions is what I would think would be the most logical approach. Selling and shipping an assembled jig would definitely be cost prohibitive. Just my thoughts. Breaking it down to the head piece and any other specific parts, add instructions for assembly and that way shipping would be cheap and you could just send it USPS. What do you think?

Thanks

hardtail69's Tools
    that is what we also have decided. shipping a finished product would be crazy expensive it is just 2x2 .250 wall square tube and 2x3 .250 wall rectangular tube. with some 2/8n plate thrown in to make the " saddles" The head tube fixture was bought online because at the time we did not have a lathe. If I were making another one today I would build it. I will get the name of the company for you from my son tomorrow and i will send you more detailed pictures. you should be able to copy it from there. i have always said that this forum is a teaching forum not a bragging forum . I am happy to help anyone out that needs an idea to get them started. We are crazy busy with building the drift trikes so i am unable to make parts for anyone now but soon we should be getting a facility and maybe then we can make some time to make some parts for these jigs.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hardtail69 For This Useful Post:

FOMOGO (Mar 6, 2016)

Thanks
    This is the reason I signed up when I found this forum! It doesn't get any better than this! I would greatly appreciate the information on the head tube fixture. And the rest I can fabricate with local materials. And yes pictures and a few dimensions would make it happen for me. Thanks for sharing the information!

Thanks
    Hard tail, did you find the info on the company that makes the head tube fixture? I sure would appreciate that info. Thanks!

Thread Information