Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frog bat

Supporting Member frugalolegeezer's Avatar
    Thanks

frugalolegeezer's Tools

Frog bat

Just got done with a new project. Got to thinking about frog hunting with all of this snow and cold weather we are having here in northwest Mo. Thinking about warmer weather helps me get through winter. Had an old oak table leg laying around the shop and kept thinking about how to use It. I came up with this idea and it turned out pretty good. Predrilled the holes and inserted the screws with the drill then cut the heads off and sharpened them to needle points. Used a little camo paint and cannot wait to use it. Frog bat-frog-sticker-club-4-.jpgFrog bat-frog-sticker-club-1-.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frugalolegeezer For This Useful Post:

Hillwilly (Jan 12, 2018), Seedtick (Jan 13, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 820 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    You must have some serious frogs where you live. We just used to a 4 or 5 prong gig on a 6 foot stick.

2000 Tool Plans

Supporting Member frugalolegeezer's Avatar
    Thanks

frugalolegeezer's Tools
    Well hemmjo I have quite the imagination, if you could take a walk through my shop you might think what a nutcase. My niece made a comment one day about how I would have made a good viking with some of the crazy stuff I come up with. I take no offense, by the way here is one of those frogs wanting in the house one evening. I guess he didn't want to go to ground for the winter.Frog bat-frog-004.jpg

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks frugalolegeezer! We've added your Frog Bat to our Farm and Garden category,
    as well as to your builder page: frugalolegeezer's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

Thanks

toma's Tools
    Poor frogs, they have not any chances..against this weapon !

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toma For This Useful Post:

Captainleeward (Jan 13, 2018), olderdan (Jan 15, 2018)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    We have a serious problem here in Australia with cane toads, (that were introduced from hawaii in 1935). We just use a golf club or a cricket bat

Cheers Phil

Thanks
    Why?????

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    More over than not when a non native species is introduced into a closed Eco system under the guise of using the species for control of another the draconian science behind the idea backfires. The cane toad is just one such failed experiment.
    When I want a mess of bull frog legs I go gigging with friends. The gigs either look like small 3 to 5 tine pitchforks with barbed tines or spring loaded claw type snap gigs mounted on extendable paint roller poles giving us a 6 to 10 ft reach. when you are trying to harvest a bull frog that weighs as much as 5 lbs you are never going to get close enough to swing a bat at them. they will be 15 feet away before the bat can ever strike them. Working in teams having 1 guy shining a bright light on them while the other guy comes from behind is how we do it. Dang now I am hungry for a mess of frog legs and my gigging partners are 500 miles away.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    I can understand the cane toads we have them here down under, but ours are poisonous and kill a lot of our wildlife when they eat them. A lot of our other frogs are on the verge of potential extinction so I wouldn't like to see them hunted for frog legs. Nothing like the sound of a choir of Pobblebonks Just before a summer storm.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priemsy For This Useful Post:

olderdan (Jan 15, 2018), volodar (Aug 23, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Priemsy, Bull frogs here in the USA are even farm raised in some areas. I am not aware of cane toads being here only in that place called Hawaii Maybe if they are here on the mainland the teenage future Darwin award winners who are eating tide pods for likes on facebook will discover them.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thread Information