Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Golf ball handle ends

Thanks

NeiljohnUK's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mklotz View Post
    Thank goodness that golf equipment can be usefully repurposed.

I share Churchill's opinion of the game...

"Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an ever smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose."
    And "the wilful waste of space that would make a perfectly serviceable rifle range", if I could just remember who said it!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Thanked 6,378 Times in 2,116 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by NeiljohnUK View Post
    And "the wilful waste of space that would make a perfectly serviceable rifle range", if I could just remember who said it!
    Col. Jeff Cooper

"Golf is a good walk spoiled." - Mark Twain

2000 Tool Plans
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mklotz For This Useful Post:

NeiljohnUK (May 16, 2019), Paul Jones (Mar 25, 2019), Toolmaker51 (Mar 18, 2019)

Thanks
    I recently moved to NC, My house is right next to a golf course that is no longer in operation ( ceased operation about three years ago). Since walking the dog on it I have found several hundred golf balls, twice over thirty five in about 1 1/2 hrs!
    There must have been some real duffers playing on this course.
    I have been using them for file handles.
    I will run out of files before golf balls though.
    I guess I will have to break out my golf ball launcher, a Carcano rifle I converted to shoot .308 blanks, sort of recycling shoot them then try to find them.

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by meyer77 View Post
    I recently moved to NC, My house is right next to a golf course that is no longer in operation ( ceased operation about three years ago). Since walking the dog on it I have found several hundred golf balls, twice over thirty five in about 1 1/2 hrs!
    There must have been some real duffers playing on this course.
    I have been using them for file handles.
    I will run out of files before golf balls though.
    I guess I will have to break out my golf ball launcher, a Carcano rifle I converted to shoot .308 blanks, sort of recycling shoot them then try to find them.
    If you bought your house 4 years ago you would have had to pay twice as much (if in NC it is like here). And you get free balls through your windows.... to....... boot (at the fence).

I used to hate mowing some parks, as idiots would T off under a "no golf, no dog, no camping" sign. Balls Wizzing past as we mowed or whipper-snipped the lawns & often hitting the little Kubota B1750 tractor. They would get going after persueing the blighters but they had a 100 metre head start and the car park only a few metres away.

Thanks
    We lucked out with this house, we had been looking at houses about 50 miles east of here. They all look good on the internet, but when you get there in person there is a huge different perspective.
    We had a contract on our house in WV, so we needed to find a house pretty soon.
    I had seen this one on Zillow about 1 1/2 year before we bought it, but it was listed for $275.000 which was more than we wanted to spend.
    Just for the heck of it I decided to check on it again, the owners had reduced it to 240,000 then to 225,000 ( At which price I would have bought it.)
    Too weeks before I looked at it again he had reduced it to 205,000! Done Deal.
    I am not a golfer (both husband and wife previous owners are ), so it not being in operation dosen't bother me.
    I am right on the 9th. hole and have a 1000 yard 180 degree view. The only thing I miss here is I can't shoot off the deck, like I could in WV. I had 35 acres and the nearest neighbor I could see was 7 miles away.
    Are you in Australia? I see it says Queensland below your avatar.

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    We lucked out with this house, we had been looking at houses about 50 miles east of here. They all look good on the internet, but when you get there in person there is a huge different perspective.
    We had a contract on our house in WV, so we needed to find a house pretty soon.
    I had seen this one on Zillow about 1 1/2 year before we bought it, but it was listed for $275.000 which was more than we wanted to spend.
    Just for the heck of it I decided to check on it again, the owners had reduced it to 240,000 then to 225,000 ( At which price I would have bought it.)
    Too weeks before I looked at it again he had reduced it to 205,000! Done Deal.
    I am not a golfer (both husband and wife previous owners are ), so it not being in operation dosen't bother me.
    I am right on the 9th. hole and have a 1000 yard 180 degree view. The only thing I miss here is I can't shoot off the deck, like I could in WV. I had 35 acres and the nearest neighbor I could see was 7 miles away.
    Are you in Australia? I see it says Queensland below your avatar.
    Yep, in the South east of Qld about 100 miles (160k) north of Brisbane. WV, I guess is Clampett country. That was a funny show....in its day.

Those golf balls are also good on massage stags or the penis looking ones instead of wooden balls. For the drill press ones, I had seen that in Ausie woodsmith ( A rehash of Woodsmith") a few years back but decided the standard ones were ok on my two drill presses (one for steel & one for wood). I had buckets of them and my kids would drive them down the paddock which became round missiles when hit by the tractor mower. I sold the remainder on gumtree for $10AU for a 20 litre bucketfull. Culling can be good for the soul.

Cheers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ranald View Post
    Yep, in the South east of Qld about 100 miles (160k) north of Brisbane. WV, I guess is Clampett country. That was a funny show....in its day.

Those golf balls are also good on massage stags or the penis looking ones instead of wooden balls. For the drill press ones, I had seen that in Ausie woodsmith ( A rehash of Woodsmith") a few years back but decided the standard ones were ok on my two drill presses (one for steel & one for wood). I had buckets of them and my kids would drive them down the paddock which became round missiles when hit by the tractor mower. I sold the remainder on gumtree for $10AU for a 20 litre bucketfull. Culling can be good for the soul.

Cheers
    Hey now. not all of WV is Clampett country.( I think they were from a little farther south west).
    WV is home to the presidential bunker (White Sulphur Springs) and the very exclusive GreenBrier resort.
    Come on now if the tooth brush was invented any where but WV it would be called the teeth brush.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,627 Times in 705 Posts

tonyfoale's Tools
    Hey now. not all of WV is Clampett country.
    Is not the rest just coal mines?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyfoale View Post
    Is not the rest just coal mines?
    They have quiet a few coal mines, why do you think clinton lost WV.

West Virginia Agriculture

Family farming ties are strong in West Virginia – 95 percent of farms in the state are family-owned, the highest number in the U.S. Around 23,000 farms averaging 157 acres in size call West Virginia home. The Mountain State is also the third most-forested state with 12 million acres of forestland.

West Virginia’s top agricultural commodity is broiler production, which makes up more than 30 percent of its agricultural receipts. Beef cattle and calves account for over 20 percent. Other important livestock products include dairy, turkeys and chicken eggs. As for crops, hay is No. 1 in the state. Additional crops include apples, corn for grain, soybeans and tobacco. Many farmers also produce sheep and lambs, hogs, peaches, honey, farm-raised fish and wool.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to meyer77 For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (May 3, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    They have quiet a few coal mines, why do you think clinton lost WV.

West Virginia Agriculture

Family farming ties are strong in West Virginia – 95 percent of farms in the state are family-owned, the highest number in the U.S. Around 23,000 farms averaging 157 acres in size call West Virginia home. The Mountain State is also the third most-forested state with 12 million acres of forestland.

West Virginia’s top agricultural commodity is broiler production, which makes up more than 30 percent of its agricultural receipts. Beef cattle and calves account for over 20 percent. Other important livestock products include dairy, turkeys and chicken eggs. As for crops, hay is No. 1 in the state. Additional crops include apples, corn for grain, soybeans and tobacco. Many farmers also produce sheep and lambs, hogs, peaches, honey, farm-raised fish and wool.
    Though winding up in Missouri from Kalifornia, WV came 2nd on list hinging where an affordable buildings with power was king.

Some of us know WV is better than just special; but Tony isn't too far off. There's coal under all that farming, and anything that rejects ccc...Clinton's is pivotal. We voters get it right occasionally. Like Al Gore loosing Tennessee.
    His home state, lol.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thread Information