Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Guycot 40-shot chain pistol

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Yep toss it, duck and cover

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Stevohdee's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Let me see now did I fire 47 or 48? Considering that this is a 44/48 the highest capacity hand gun in the world with enough fire power to take down 2 platoons of goons. I have to tell you in all of the excitement I may have lost count do you feel lucky punk?
    Haaarrr haarrr, go harry!!

2000 Tool Plans

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Let me see now did I fire 47 or 48? Considering that this is a 44/48 the highest capacity hand gun in the world with enough fire power to take down 2 platoons of goons. I have to tell you in all of the excitement I may have lost count do you feel lucky punk?
    LOL Frank! As a punk I would feel lucky considering you may have held that tank up and shot at least 47 shots, and knowing you've probably loaded it magnum for Grizz with 260 grain .454 balls and 30-35 grains of 3f and still missed me. By now your arm is about to fall off so I would probably say...while laughing uncontrollably...Go ahead and make my day, I've seen it all now...who the heck cares.

PJ
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Pj a friend of mine is always saying that I need to wear gloves when working on things. I keep telling him that I do wear gloves once in a while I usually by XXL lined then rip the lining out so I don't have one of those OJ Simpson moments trying to get them on my hands.
    So he bought me a pair of mechanics gloves a while back that are 3XL. I can get them on with no problems but when I try to grip something they feel like I am about to rip the seams out So yeah I think I could still hang on to a wimpy little 48 shot revolver/ revolver the problem would be I would probably install a pair of Pachmayr grips so I would at least have something to hold on to. Still feel safe?

PJs
    Thanks

PJs's Tools
    Pj a friend of mine is always saying that I need to wear gloves when working on things. I keep telling him that I do wear gloves once in a while I usually by XXL lined then rip the lining out so I don't have one of those OJ Simpson moments trying to get them on my hands.
    So he bought me a pair of mechanics gloves a while back that are 3XL. I can get them on with no problems but when I try to grip something they feel like I am about to rip the seams out So yeah I think I could still hang on to a wimpy little 48 shot revolver/ revolver the problem would be I would probably install a pair of Pachmayr grips so I would at least have something to hold on to. Still feel safe?
    Uh, Yup...I'm good and still giggling! Pachmayr's are my choice for the same reasons (3X) from way back and a MKII Blackhawk (Cute but the worst stock grips ever for a big guy). Plus...Pachmayr's are much better in wet work after 6 rounds.

Had a Chiropractor friend for a long time (10+yrs) that treated me when I ruptured the disc at C5-6. He was the one that I called at home at 7am the morning after and had woke up at 4:30 sounding like a wounded elk. He wouldn't touch me for a few weeks while I dealt with the other folks and the inflammation went down some. They put me in an automated traction rack 4 days a week and after I walked out in more pain than I went in, they finally said I had to have surgery and had a 50/50 chance of loosing all feeling and most use of my left arm/hand and a stiff neck at 50...too many 50's for me.

When I went in to see Bob, he looked at my cat scans, shot some new film and ran some tests. One was the grip test. When I did my right hand, the look on his face was priceless and he said; Ok then, lets try the left. After the left he took the device and stepped back and said; I hope I never piss you off. I said why? He said; I've never seen grip strength that high before, and your left is only 8lbs below the right...with the ruptured disc at C5 it should have been 30-40% less instead of 5. You can do the math. He was one of the funniest guys I ever knew and did stand up later on because he was hilarious and used that technique to distract me while working on my neck later on in his 4 month regimen. He'd get me laughing and boom done...Ohhh...thank you! Did 500 crunchies for my 50'th BD and built up doing inverted incline ones with 45lb plates. Age may take a toll, but stamina, grit and a clear mind, always prevail in my book...along with a good belly laugh!
    Mark Twain

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PJs For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (Sep 14, 2018), Toolmaker51 (Sep 17, 2018)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Yep belly laughs are good therapy when something is really funny and not a sitcom on TV well maybe some old episodes of the 3 stooges really old jack Bennie and maybe some of Johnny Carson's stuff. Most stand up bores me to tears unless they are using someone from the audience who is completely unaware of what is going to happen next. Comedy pretty much passed on when George Burns and Jack Bennie both passed away.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (Sep 14, 2018), PJs (Sep 14, 2018)

PJs
    Thanks

PJs's Tools
    Yep belly laughs are good therapy when something is really funny and not a sitcom on TV well maybe some old episodes of the 3 stooges really old jack Bennie and maybe some of Johnny Carson's stuff. Most stand up bores me to tears unless they are using someone from the audience who is completely unaware of what is going to happen next. Comedy pretty much passed on when George Burns and Jack Bennie both passed away.
    And we can't forget Red Skelton! Mrs. PJ and I were just talking about him a week ago and had some more laughs at the Gertrude and Heathcliffe and a couple of other of his characters...that with all his sincerity and clean fun...top 5 in my book!

PJ
    Mark Twain

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    For some reason I never watch a lot of Red Skelton He might have came on opposite of something else. just like Burns & Gracie or Jack Bennie I remember only catching a few of them. My younger sisters were the big TV watchers. Just like now my wife will constantly have 2 sets on and the only thing I ever hear coming from them are the incestuous commercials. Even if there is something on that I really want to watch when the commercials come on I"M OUT A HERE. because by the time the show comes back on I have lost all interest in it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 466 Posts

olderdan's Tools
    Re the The Enouy 48 shot revolver
    That has to be one of the daftest ideas ever, if I see it right you have to swing the catch to one side then drop the centre pin lever before manually indexing the next cylinder and put it all back again. You may as well carry spare cylinders in a belt as Clint Eastwood does in the final showdown in Pale Rider.
    I do however like to see these old ideas from a true era of invention so thanks PJs for the posting.
    Last edited by olderdan; Sep 17, 2018 at 11:36 AM. Reason: ommision

12. The Following User Says Thank You to olderdan For This Useful Post:

PJs (Sep 17, 2018)

PJs
    Thanks

PJs's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by olderdan View Post
    Re the The Enouy 48 shot revolver
    That has to be one of the daftest ideas ever, if I see it right you have to swing the catch to one side then drop the centre pin lever before manually indexing the next cylinder and put it all back again. You may as well carry spare cylinders in a belt as Clint Eastwood does in the final showdown in Pale Rider.
    I do however like to see these old ideas from a true era of invention so thanks PJs for the posting.
    Agreed Olderdan, and it's started a firestorm (forgive the pun) of hilarity. Jon started it I just rabbit hole dived a bit after seeing the crazy design. Also agree about the period of true invention...so many innovations from ~1850-1920's and Jon has a true knack for finding the unique ones fitting the HMT credo.

Thanks,
    PJ
    Mark Twain

Thread Information