Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Hand hmmer

Supporting Member frugalolegeezer's Avatar
    Thanks

frugalolegeezer's Tools

Hand hmmer

I had this bronze door knob laying around the shop for quite some time and kept thinking about what I could do with it. Then a light bulb went off in my ole head. Make a hand hammer out of it for different uses in the shop. I turned a walnut handle for it and forced it into the socket of the knob and presto a hammer was born. My son hefted it and thought I had poured lead in it for added weight but I felt it did not need anymore than what it had already. I seem to have this tool fever that just keeps driving me to more and more ideas but I doubt I run out of material for a while with all of the junk, opps I mean treasure laying around the shop inside and out.Hand hmmer-hand-hammer.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by frugalolegeezer; Jun 27, 2017 at 10:20 PM. Reason: forgot pictures.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to frugalolegeezer For This Useful Post:

baja (May 1, 2020), byates (May 1, 2020), C-Bag (Jun 28, 2017), Captn Roy (Jun 27, 2018), gunsgt1863 (Sep 5, 2017), high-side (Apr 30, 2020), katy (Jul 25, 2022), Komo (Feb 26, 2018), LMMasterMariner (Jun 30, 2017), Moby Duck (Jun 28, 2017), Paul Jones (Jun 28, 2017), ranald (Feb 27, 2018), Scotsman Hosie (Mar 9, 2018), Seedtick (Jun 28, 2017), Toolmaker51 (Jun 28, 2017), Tuomas (Jun 29, 2017), verticalmurph (Apr 30, 2020), zarembak (Apr 30, 2020)

Thanks

C-Bag's Tools
    Good use of stock, I like it. Curious though, is the tv remote in the pic with the hammer for size comparison or as a test subject/target?

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C-Bag For This Useful Post:

gunsgt1863 (Sep 5, 2017), Karl_H (Apr 30, 2020)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks frugalolegeezer! We've added your Hand Hammer to our Hammers category,
    as well as to your builder page: frugalolegeezer's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

Thanks

Moby Duck's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Bag View Post
    Good use of stock, I like it. Curious though, is the tv remote in the pic with the hammer for size comparison or as a test subject/target?
    A handy electronic gadget/tool hint:- The next time you are having problems getting your TV remote to work, it might pay to check that you are not trying to change channels with the telephone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Moby Duck For This Useful Post:

Karl_H (Apr 30, 2020)

Thanks

C-Bag's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Moby Duck View Post
    A handy electronic gadget/tool hint:- The next time you are having problems getting your TV remote to work, it might pay to check that you are not trying to change channels with the telephone.
    Doh! I was just looking at the form......that's the skinniest phone I've ever seen. Shows that I don't carry a cell.

Thanks

Moby Duck's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Bag View Post
    Doh! I was just looking at the form......that's the skinniest phone I've ever seen. Shows that I don't carry a cell.
    Having a bad day - I don't carry a cell phone either but I think you will find that this is just an ordinary cordless telephone. It happens to all of us eventually. Your other tool comments have always been excellent.

Thanks

frugalolegeezer's Tools
    Hey c-bag, That is a cordless phone, I was just using the phone to give an idea of size of the hammer. Keep on keeping on. Thanks for the reply.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frugalolegeezer For This Useful Post:

Komo (Feb 26, 2018), Paul Jones (Jun 29, 2017)

Thanks
    OH, I thought maybe it was a new tool for Hillary

13. The Following User Says Thank You to obt@charter.net For This Useful Post:

baja (May 1, 2020)

Thanks

frugalolegeezer's Tools
    Come again? I didn't catch the name. Is that the name of of new form of sewer rat???

15. The Following User Says Thank You to frugalolegeezer For This Useful Post:

baja (May 1, 2020)

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    that is really cool. As one member commented about the English language: I wouldn't like to hit my "hand" with the hammer. Guess what the chap meant by "Hillary's" possible use on Bill or Monica. I'm curently culling my junk er precious stuff that is lying around-may have to move some day & can't afford hiring 18 or 22 wheeler or B triples. LOL

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information