Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hands-free workshop Oreo dispenser - GIF

Thanks

Karl_H's Tools
    I am surprised he didn't include anything to index the bread before sliding it into the machine.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks

Beserkleyboy's Tools
    Frank!
    I had a laugh at your expense reading your toast preferences! We are pretty much the same, re: any type of bread will do, BUT I inherited my mum's, 'Quick, quick, butter before it gets cold' gene, while my Kiwi wife won't butter it UNTIL it's cold...and my sister does not see the need for a toaster...yea, w-t-hell is that about? Go figure...and enjoy your toast as often and when you like! Cheers
    Jim, usually in AUS, but happily camped at Napili Point, Maui...for a fortnight...

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 8,784 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    thanks Jim; I sometimes will take a hankeren for homemade bread well quite often actually. The only thing is the way my grandmother made it and passed it down to my mother who took the time to teach my sisters the process. I would wander by once in a while and watch. In my younger years once I figured out how to use my dyslexia to my advantage I had a near eidetic memory at least when I chose to associate dissimilar things. So I picked up her process of making breads of varying textures and flavors. The only thing is it takes a full 8 hours for some breads and several days for others a week or more to make sourdough properly. So when I make up a batch I make enough to freeze some of the dough either in loaf logs or as dough balls for rolls and other things.
    Now as I have said bread is bread and one of my favorite way to cook it is to thaw a few of the dough balls then stretch them and toss them like a mini pizza dough then pan fry them. My Grandmother called it Indian fry bread or camp fire bread My mother called it boat bread.
    I've heard some people call the skillet scones but scones are made completely different using a dough more akin to cat-head breakfast biscuits but sweetened up a bit.
    Right now I have a bag full of dough balls in the freezer for making fry bread out of. The wife and I can make a dinner meal around them and often do.
    yeah I like my bread.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

Beserkleyboy's Tools
    Good onya, Frank. I used to make sourdough a few years ago...alas, went away for a month and the unfed starter never was the same...I may get back there, but it is a labour intensive commitment. Cheers

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information