Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: hi

flo

Thanks

flo's Tools

Thumbs up hi

live in the UK, looking to restore a powerfab 125 mini digger and add some extras to it

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,793 Times in 11,326 Posts
    Hi flo - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Fun project! What extras are you going to add?

2000 Tool Plans

flo

Thanks

flo's Tools
    Hi

1. looking to add hydraulic leg stabilisers at the front

2. a new 13hp petrol engine with electric start (got), existing G400 honda engine is old but runs, but all depends on the shafts dimensions to the hydraulic pump, dont know yet as the machine is still being used, also the engine is sited on the right hand side (under your right leg, not like some others were the engine is at the rear) so cannot get in to see the info on the engine, also the red starter cover has snapped 1 off the thread that bolts on to the engine, plus the holes on the red starter cover have to fasten to the engine are buggered (but had a go welding some washers to it and got the holes in the right places, first time) hi-4.jpg

3. powered front wheels through the hydraulic system

4. the booms pins and bushes need replacing

5. maybe some sort of cab

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,793 Times in 11,326 Posts
    Verrrrry interesting...

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks flo! We've added your Mini Digger to our Farm and Garden category,
    as well as to your builder page: flo's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

Thanks
    I bought a set of plans to build something like this I just wonder if it would cost more to build than to buy something already built. They are very detailed plans. But if I bought then I would miss the fun of the build.
    hi-13669577_1056871564407387_7302705257663559009_n.jpghi-13731487_1056871351074075_860103976507354287_n.jpg

flo

Thanks

flo's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by michael brown View Post
    I bought a set of plans to build something like this I just wonder if it would cost more to build than to buy something already built. They are very detailed plans. But if I bought then I would miss the fun of the build.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13669577_1056871564407387_7302705257663559009_n.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	12472Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13731487_1056871351074075_860103976507354287_n.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	12473
    hi from england

I bought the digger as the picture shows, it has well and truly payed for itself, I got it for a long term project it has saved a lot of money in the long run upto now. I payed a bit more for the machine as it was ready to goto work, being a complete novice to engineering and welding, & I did'nt have the time for a long term project. I was looking at a kit form mini digger from France, but it would have been a mind blowing project to undertake, but the finished digger was one of them micro diggers for narrow access and It was not suitable for my project.

Through my research I found all sorts of digger designs, especially on youtube.

This model is bigger than most powerfabs you see on ebay, it came with a big 13hp honda engine,it has a 1.9 ton pulling force which is ideal for trenching, its like getting on a horse to get on it.
    The only thing I dont like is when you are positioned in a certain direction you feel like you are toppling over with the boom fully extended.

1. I found it could do things better, the front legs need to have hydraulics rams fitted, then I can leave the front wheels on, easier to move, than dragging and pulling with the boom which has caused wear and tear on 3 bushes & pins.

2. I will be changing the 13hp honda engine to an electric start engine to make life easier.

3.I have seen a few on ebay with front hydraulic wheel drive, looking into this, but the only downside is it will be easier to steal

4. Looking at putting some sort of cab on it, Its usually wet and wild were I live, not now its 32 deg, sticky & thunderstorms

It all depends on what you want it for, do you have the time, experience, money and sourcing and spending ages on the internet looking for the parts or in scrap yards. I know of a few people that have just bought the back actor that fits onto a farm tractor and modified it to fit onto a body. From what I have seen on the interent anything is possible, if you can think it you learn to build it.

richard

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information