Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Home Made Brake Pressure Bleeder & Universal Master Cylinder Adaptor

Supporting Member The Aussie Shed's Avatar
    Thanks

The Aussie Shed's Tools

Home Made Brake Pressure Bleeder & Universal Master Cylinder Adaptor

Hey Guys,
    This is my home made Brake Pressure Bleeder & a Universal Master Cylinder Adaptor I put together.
    Hope You Like it,
    Cheers.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to The Aussie Shed For This Useful Post:

123pugsy (Apr 14, 2019), 12L14 (Jul 31, 2019), Andyt (Jul 26, 2021), ansteesolutions (Sep 12, 2022), Astro (May 1, 2019), Beserkleyboy (Jun 15, 2019), blkadder (Jun 13, 2019), EnginePaul (Apr 22, 2019), freddo4 (Jul 23, 2021), mr mikey (Jul 1, 2022), nova_robotics (Jul 23, 2021), olskoolsi (Jul 26, 2021), petethejuicefreak (Apr 15, 2019), Rangi (Sep 12, 2022), Scotsman Hosie (Apr 16, 2019), Scotty1 (Jul 23, 2021), Seedtick (Apr 16, 2019), Tule (Apr 16, 2019), WmRMeyers (Jul 24, 2021), wolfpaak (Jul 23, 2021)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks The Aussie Shed! We've added your Brake System Bleeder to our Brake category,
    as well as to your builder page: The Aussie Shed's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DIYer For This Useful Post:

mfa597 (May 15, 2019)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    A good vid, thank you. I've used something similar, but with brake fluid in the spray bottle. Starting with the fluid level in the brake fluid reservoir (BFR) a little below the max imum level the pressurized spray bottle would pump brake fluid into the BFR increasing the fluid level in it. Also, the pressure of the air that was in the BFR would be increased. Bleeding fluid from the brake system resulted in the fluid level in the BFR being maintained due to the pressure in the spray bottle transferring more brake fluid. On completion of bleeding and releasing the pressure from the spray bottle, the residual pressure in the BFR would return fluid from the transfer hose back into the spray bottle. I never had a problem with the BFR being overfilled and a mess everywhere. The level in the BFR would be virtually the same as when the operation started since the BFR still contained the same volume of air as at the beginning. Of course, this system requires an airtight seal on top of the BFR, otherwise air can be lost and the BFR overfilled.

Mike

Thanks
    I have long done the same thing with vacuum on the bottle at the wheel, have to keep the master full

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Astro's Tools
    Thanks for your great idea, this is fantastic I'm gonna make one for myself. Great video by the way.
    Cheers Astro

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Good video. I use a garden sprayer to reverse bleed brake systems. I force the fluid back through the system from the caliper/wheel cylinder into the master cylinder. It can get messy if the old fluid isn't removed from the master cylinder and one forgets to depressurize the sprayer before removing the hose from the bleeder.

Thanks
    I made one of these years ago when I needed to bleed the system on my 65 MGB. No fancy dual circuit brakes on this old girl. Just four lines radiating out from the union on the right side of the car. I found this worked great without pumping it out too much, usually just a pound or two of pressure was enough to flush all the dirt out of the lines. I need to flush my 2010 Charger now, so I guess it's time to make up another one. Thanks to the OP for posting up such an awesome video.
    Ron

...Semper Fidelis...

Thanks
    Add a tee and a plug to adapter plate and a elbow pointing up for the air. Then you can add fluid with out removing the adapter plate. Use 1/4 tee. Add fluid with a
    squirt type oil can. Use the set up to blow out the system when changing out your fluid.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information