Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Homemade Syrian weapons

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,621 Times in 11,284 Posts
    FSA seized a DShK mounted motorcyle in Sharan district that was captured from YPG in Afrin.
    FSA = Free Syrian Army
    DShK = Degtyaryova-Shpagina Krupnokaliberny (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DShK)
    YPG = Yekîneyên Parastina Gel (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People...otection_Units)

Largest image size available.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

baja (Jul 3, 2019), blkadder (Jul 2, 2019), Seedtick (Jul 2, 2019), shopandmath (Jul 2, 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnieL View Post
    Pretty short fuse if you ask me!! Wonder if fuse is in short supply there?

Common sense has me thinking the same thing - that fuse is a bit too short.

But, my tinnitus says its waaaaaay too short!!

Edit: This reply was intended for the fuse-lit mortar/cannon. I couldn't figure how to delete it or attach it to the correct post... so there you go, never reply to a post before the first cup of coffee! (The motorcycle mounted machine gun is cool too, btw!)

2000 Tool Plans
    Last edited by JoeVanGeaux; Jul 2, 2019 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Reply got tagged to incorrect original post

Thanks
    Hell, if there are plans for any of this stuff out there I want them. One never knows when that type of information would be of use. Kind of like the book by Philip Luty on how to build a SMG out of stuff you can purchase at the hardware store. Sure building them at this time would be rather foolish, but it is nice to know that the information is tucked safely away.
    Ron

...Semper Fidelis...

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by blkadder View Post
    Hell, if there are plans for any of this stuff out there I want them. One never knows when that type of information would be of use. Kind of like the book by Philip Luty on how to build a SMG out of stuff you can purchase at the hardware store. Sure building them at this time would be rather foolish, but it is nice to know that the information is tucked safely away.
    If the times comes & you ever need it, I hope you have it in hard copy as electronics probably will be of no use. Living where you do, you may need docs on waterproof paper as well & to move to higher ground, LOL, as ave ht above sea level is about 2 metres isn't it or is my 60's history/geography off? With GW it's probably now closer to 1 metre.
    As a kid i loved Lincon Vale of the everglades: probably extremely lame now. I remember those wetlands being slow water: does it flood severly?

In saying that, and all laughs aside, we have a small coastal Queensland city, Bundaberg,(much higher ASL than Florida) that regularly floods and its ave ht above sea level is increased by the inclusion of the hummock amongst mostly flattish land. Of course many houses cant have flood etc insurance despite being on stilts/stumps. & storm water has to gain easy access to the ocean but how much mitigation really works.The home of Bert Hinkler has its rain spread out over the year but cyclonic depressions dont help. Yandina, a small village, has a lot more rain, lower in altitude and doesn't seem to flood as much but most land is grazing ex sugarcane so stats probably dont show "hardship" from flooding.

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,621 Times in 11,284 Posts
    The coolest long-term data storage idea I've heard (I said "coolest", not most practical ) is storing data on cockroach DNA.

More:

https://homes.cs.washington.edu/~bor...rage-asplos16/
    JaronLanier.com/roach.html

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

ranald (Jul 3, 2019)

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Jon, do you have a life outside HMT: where do you find this type of "stuff"?

Interesting Russell & my old CDP101 I recently sold as a project as its laser was off & experts couldn't fix but wanted it LOL. & Hoffman etc reminds me of the Sony eLcassette I wanted to buy. Who would have thought that mag tape could hold so much data & dna much more.

Thanks again for your efforts in providing us with such interesting info=be great at trivea night, but beyond my full comprehension. From binary to another galexy. I found basic much easier than cobol but my iq is probably about 10.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    My question would be then if storing something on dna were to become a practical method of long term storage and retrieval was reasonably possible how to they preserve the dna strands unless the data is passed from one living organism to the next if that were the case then use the human dna since only humans are going to be able to understand the retrieved data . Lastly if that were to become possible I would volunteer to have all of the world's data stored on my dna then they would only have to figure out how to keep my sorry butt alive for the next 10s of melena problem solved because if they could store it I'd figure out a way to retrieve it talk about an encyclopedia of the galaxy Isaac Asimov Harry Harrison of Robert Heinlein wouldn't have anything on me LOL
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

ranald (Jul 3, 2019)

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    My question would be then if storing something on dna were to become a practical method of long term storage and retrieval was reasonably possible how to they preserve the dna strands unless the data is passed from one living organism to the next if that were the case then use the human dna since only humans are going to be able to understand the retrieved data . Lastly if that were to become possible I would volunteer to have all of the world's data stored on my dna then they would only have to figure out how to keep my sorry butt alive for the next 10s of melena problem solved because if they could store it I'd figure out a way to retrieve it talk about an encyclopedia of the galaxy Isaac Asimov Harry Harrison of Robert Heinlein wouldn't have anything on me LOL
    Do you mean you are not going to have any more children?

Would you want some quality of life or be contented to lie or stand in a capsule?
    Last edited by ranald; Jul 3, 2019 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by ranald View Post
    Do you mean you are not going to have any more children?

Would you want some quality of life or be contented to lie or stand in a capsule?
    Still able to swing a sledge hammer at 4,363. if they want any future off spring from me let them clone me
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Still able to swing a sledge hammer at 4,363. if they want any future off spring from me let them clone me
    Love it. LOL

cheers

Thread Information