Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Introduction

Thanks

Introduction

I am a long time architectural woodworker, now finding the "they" have been increasing the weight of particle board for a few years now,, so I looked for something to keep my mind (or minds, as I'm often of two minds) and hands busy. I plumped on 1/6th scale miniature wooden chair making, see MiniatureChairMaker.com. Critiques of the site welcome. I sweated over it but am not that happy with it. I am English, living in the New Hampshire since 1979.

Interests are varied. I love visiting our local dump (sorry, recycling center) to pick over what others have thrown away. It allows me to live above my pay grade. Some day I'll post pictures. I love to help and teach what I know, and tomorrow I may be getting a new project, a youngster who wants to make a rocking chair. She comes tomorrow to decide which design. My guess is that it will be a toss-up between a Shaker, a Hans Wegner, or a Sam Maloof. Apart from a wide range of reading my other main interest is gardening with my wife. She is the plant expert while I weed and do (or plan to do) the structural stuff, the infrastructure. I'm as behind in that as I understand the US government is.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,850 Times in 11,341 Posts
    Hi bricolage - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Sounds like you'll fit in well here. The site looks fine; I like that men shoveling chairs image.

Do you use any special tools to make the miniature chairs?

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information