Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Japanese game show: people compete to drill the tiniest hole - video

Thanks

Small Hair holes!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Agreed Marv But then again I don't think I ever heard it to be a human hair for all we know it could have been a badger hair still not in a diameter range to support the drilling and inserting a bolt. I can zoom my cad program to draw a bolt that would only be .000000015" in diameter it will look huge on my screen but in real life an impossibility to manufacture given our current level of technology . I once modeled a gear in the program while viewing it one of my guys said that gear looks huge. I said it sure does as long as I'm zoomed as far as the program will go when I zoomed out there wasn't even a dot on the screen. Then I told him it was a 1" to 10 mile scale that I was drawing in
    "Nothing Too Strong Ever Broke": Tiny Drilling, this was done in 1955 guys

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Agreed Marv But then again I don't think I ever heard it to be a human hair for all we know it could have been a badger hair still not in a diameter range to support the drilling and inserting a bolt. I can zoom my cad program to draw a bolt that would only be .000000015" in diameter it will look huge on my screen but in real life an impossibility to manufacture given our current level of technology . I once modeled a gear in the program while viewing it one of my guys said that gear looks huge. I said it sure does as long as I'm zoomed as far as the program will go when I zoomed out there wasn't even a dot on the screen. Then I told him it was a 1" to 10 mile scale that I was drawing in
    LOL. I love it! The Bismark sank ships over the horizon but that is some zoom program.

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information