Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: John Deere tactical tractor

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,618 Times in 11,284 Posts

John Deere tactical tractor

This one is making its way around the internet. Gun mounts for tractors are actually commonplace, especially when people are working in remote parts of rural land and don't want to wear a holster. But, real or not, this specimen is a beauty.

This viral photo is a great internet pun machine. Some good picks I've seen around:

"Freedom mows no bounds."
    "Nothing runs like a terrorist."
    "Nothing guns like a Deere."
    "Rural assault vehicle."
    "Lawn 'n Guardin'."
    "John Deere Hunter."
    "Get off my lawn!"

Previously:
    Ford Flathead-powered 1970s John Deere lawn tractor
    miniature John Deere 9630 plowing snow video

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Scotsman Hosie (Mar 31, 2019)

Thanks

Imabass's Tools
    I have been considering making a holster for my AR15 on my tractor. Its nice to have for the wild hog problem.

2000 Tool Plans
    Why buy it if you can build it.

Thanks

will52100's Tools
    Many a time growing up I'd considered a rifle rack on the tractor's roll bars.

Cool photo, would be interesting firing a 1919 from it.

Banned
    Supporting Member

Thanks
    Really? Are you so afraid of your shadow you just have to arm a garden tractor? Good grief.

Thanks

will52100's Tools
    Don't know afraid of your own shadow, but the reason I wanted a rifle rack was you wouldn't believe the number of coyotes and deer I'd see while working a field. As for the garden tractor, why? Why not? It's cool, no other reason. Maybe squirrels or wood chucks?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to will52100 For This Useful Post:

high-side (May 26, 2019)

Banned
    Supporting Member

Thanks
    Right. Everyone needs an assault rifle to kill groundhogs & coyotes. I've killed a number of the same with a single shot breach 22 Hornet.

BTW, I'm also a disabled Vietnam vet and know full well the primary purpose of an assault rifle.

Thanks

will52100's Tools
    Good for you. Glad that's all you need. Last time I checked however, it was labeled the bill of Rights, not needs. Also, that looks like a 1919, not an assault rifle, can't tell on the carbine or rifle if they are full auto or semi. And last time I checked by definition assault rifle had to have full auto or 3 round burst capability and is a PITA paper work wise and very very expensive to own. A semi auto is not an assault rifle. Unless maybe you consider my 1860 Henry an assault rifle? I imagine those facing it with muzzle loaders thought so.

A photo by itself with no context doesn't mean much. There's no information on where it was taken, or if the firearms are full auto or semi auto. It could very well be a display for laughs at Knob Creek for all we know. That's the thing, we don't know.

As an aside, I was referencing the 1919 for killing squirrels, not the AR or M1.

BTW, I am a vet as well, and know exactly what the purpose of firearms are. Just for the record I don't even own an AR, never a big fan, but that's my Right to own one or not.
    Last edited by will52100; Jul 28, 2017 at 12:45 AM.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    So every time you see deer, coyote, "maybe a squirrel or wood chuck" you want to shoot it. I have a feeling that this isn't to feed your family, but "just because". Sorry about your illness.

Thanks

will52100's Tools
    Really? Just for your information I don't kill for fun. Coyotes are a nuisance around here, got a habit of eating people's pets and young calves. One or two deer a year is enough to keep my freezer full. And while I haven't hunted squirrel in years, they are tasty.

Sorry I did not intend to trigger the liberal snowflakes, I thought I was talking with people that had a sense of humor. And common sense, but I guess that's becoming a rarity now days. Just go to your safe place and try not to look at the scary pics of the assault mower.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to will52100 For This Useful Post:

BigAl6670 (May 27, 2019), crahar (May 26, 2019), high-side (May 27, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Last I checked here in Texas it was illegal to hunt GAME animals from a vehicle however varmits do not classify as game, Hogs are one exception in many counties due to the feral population of domestic hogs gone wild some counties may even have a bounty on them certain times of the year. Also some counties even allow hog hunting from aircraft.
    And forget about those armalite 15's those .223 rounds won't stop most hogs in 1 shot I've even witnessed a large charging boar take 3 rounds from a .243 in the skull before it droped
    I don't have a hog problem where I am so I mostly just carry my little snake charmer Rossi .410 when in the fields either on foot or on the tractor
    I there were any hogs around here I would most likely have either my Baikal 12 ga double or possibly my Mosburg .270 and even with that I would hope for a chest shot
    As far as the picture goes the question would be not why but why not just don't understand the 1919 but it is his not mine
    And by the way RA 1971-1977
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thread Information