Join 4,869 homemade tool fans!
Get tips on your homemade tool builds
Post your tools to get them added to the encyclopedia
Talk tool talk with fellow fans of homemade tools

Register for free!

Thread: Just scored a Delta Rockwell 15-665 Drill Press!

Thanks

Just scored a Delta Rockwell 15-665 Drill Press!

saw an ad for a standing drill press on CL, $100 or best offer. I inquired the brand, she said she was unsure so I made a blind $80 offer and she accepted. When I got there I realized it was much bigger than the pic made it out to be, I started getting excited. She plugged it in and demonstrated the motor, I couldnt get the money out of my pocket and into her hads fast enough...Her hired mucle and I loaded it in the truck and away I went. The whole drive(35 minutes), I was looking over my shoulder trying to see a brand marking or way to identify this monster. Once I got it to the shop, I looked over it and found the oem tag riveted on showing the model and serial number. Google said I have a Delta Rockwell 15-665 15" 3/4 HP Standing Floor Model Drill Press. I got stoked real quick like!

Anyone know what year this thing was made, or any tips, tricks or suggestions for a newbie with an industrial drill press please post up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just scored a Delta Rockwell 15-665 Drill Press!-pic17.jpg   Just scored a Delta Rockwell 15-665 Drill Press!-pic19.jpg   Just scored a Delta Rockwell 15-665 Drill Press!-pic21.jpg  

Thanks
    I searched for Marathon Electric, and found this:Clausing Floor Standing Drill Press Model 1630. It looks like your might be a little older, but the price was right! For an owners manual, try mikestools.com, I've found several manuals for older tools there. Interestingly, Delta-Rockwell, and several other 'Box Store' brands are the same tools with slight variations. I have 3 scroll saws that are identical except for the name cast in the strongarms.

Thread Information