Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Just scored a Delta Rockwell 15-665 Drill Press!

Thanks

Just scored a Delta Rockwell 15-665 Drill Press!

saw an ad for a standing drill press on CL, $100 or best offer. I inquired the brand, she said she was unsure so I made a blind $80 offer and she accepted. When I got there I realized it was much bigger than the pic made it out to be, I started getting excited. She plugged it in and demonstrated the motor, I couldnt get the money out of my pocket and into her hads fast enough...Her hired mucle and I loaded it in the truck and away I went. The whole drive(35 minutes), I was looking over my shoulder trying to see a brand marking or way to identify this monster. Once I got it to the shop, I looked over it and found the oem tag riveted on showing the model and serial number. Google said I have a Delta Rockwell 15-665 15" 3/4 HP Standing Floor Model Drill Press. I got stoked real quick like!

Anyone know what year this thing was made, or any tips, tricks or suggestions for a newbie with an industrial drill press please post up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just scored a Delta Rockwell 15-665 Drill Press!-pic17.jpg   Just scored a Delta Rockwell 15-665 Drill Press!-pic19.jpg   Just scored a Delta Rockwell 15-665 Drill Press!-pic21.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    I searched for Marathon Electric, and found this:Clausing Floor Standing Drill Press Model 1630. It looks like your might be a little older, but the price was right! For an owners manual, try mikestools.com, I've found several manuals for older tools there. Interestingly, Delta-Rockwell, and several other 'Box Store' brands are the same tools with slight variations. I have 3 scroll saws that are identical except for the name cast in the strongarms.

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information