Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Landrake Bucket excavator homemade advice constructive suggestions

Thanks

forgiaro's Tools

Question Landrake Bucket excavator homemade advice constructive suggestions

hello I should make a rake for a small kubota excavator, to be used in an agricultural farm to clean it up from pebbles branches bushes roots stumps thick, some suggestion realization, some project already done? Thanks for the attentionLandrake Bucket  excavator homemade advice constructive suggestions-rastrello.jpg

Landrake Bucket  excavator homemade advice constructive suggestions-img00298-20120309-1547.jpg
    Landrake Bucket  excavator homemade advice constructive suggestions-img00299-20120309-1548.jpg
    A Rake For My Digger
    Landrake Bucket  excavator homemade advice constructive suggestions-img00300-20120309-1548.jpg

https://www.miniexcavatorcentre.com/land-rakes-2/

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Che tu creda di farcela o di non farcela avrai comunque ragione

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to forgiaro For This Useful Post:

PJs (Nov 18, 2018), rlm98253 (Nov 12, 2018), Seedtick (Nov 12, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    you will probably need more than 1 for grubbing out small stumps a 2 toothed grub the width of the excavator stick is usually what works best for branches and runner roots the 5 tooth rake with the tines about 7 to 9 inches apart is handy for rocks or pebbles on broken ground a 7 to 9 tooth rake with eh tines much closer together about 2 to 3" apart will rake out and scoop up most of the offending rocks the size of tennis balls or larger

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

forgiaro's Tools
    the excavator is small, so I can not make a tool too heavy, but must be robust to eradicate and eradicate strains of shrubs and stones and surface stones, I have to clean up a long-abandoned farm and invaded by vegetation shrubs and bushes. , what material advice for the construction?Landrake Bucket  excavator homemade advice constructive suggestions-ripper-homemade.jpg

Landrake Bucket  excavator homemade advice constructive suggestions-ripper-excavator-homemade.jpg
    Landrake Bucket  excavator homemade advice constructive suggestions-bucket-1.jpg

Landrake Bucket  excavator homemade advice constructive suggestions-kubota-u55.jpg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to forgiaro For This Useful Post:

PJs (Nov 18, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Old leaf springs from a semi tractor or trailer make excellent tines for the grubs and the rake the problem is they are curved so you would need a way to heat them and flatten them or use the overload leafs from a 1 or 1 1.2 ton those are usually nearly straight and about 1/2" thick and 3 " wide Or old Brush hog shredder blades make good tines Your excavator weighs around 11,000 lbs has a 47 HP engine with a 4300 lb break out force so I should think that since it can accommodate a 24" bucket for digging as long as it has teeth as long as it is not digging in rock you should be able to make a 36 to a 42" rake with 12 to 13 tines for the vegetation and stone removal after the soil is broken with a 3 tine grub of about 18 to 20 inches wide you should be fine. for the grub though you will probably want your tines to be 3/4" thick or more if they extend more than 7 or 8 inches below the horizontal cutter strap.
    these little machines can fool you with their strength they are stronger then you think. In fact they are strong enough to self destruct
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Hi, forgiaro,

I like your ideas. I have a mid-seventies, three cylinder diesel Kubota tractor with a Kelley backhoe. I recently had a narrow, 150mm wide, bucket made for the backhoe specially for trenching and I had three of the proper hardened teeth fitted, the type which are bolted over a welded male peg so that the hardened cover can be replaced easily. I strongly recommend that you add these, since even though they are hardened, they are well worn after less than 100 hours use in variable soil conditions.

Mike

Thanks

forgiaro's Tools
    Landrake Bucket  excavator homemade advice constructive suggestions-rastrello.jpg
    leaf spring
    Landrake Bucket  excavator homemade advice constructive suggestions-balestre.jpgLandrake Bucket  excavator homemade advice constructive suggestions-leaf-spring-old.jpg

you could kindly give me some pictures or a drawing with some measurements, from the junkyard I found old spring leafs from which to retrieve and extract the teeth, I need system to bolt it to the bucket or an old bucket or with a 20 mm thick barbed iron strip length and width appropriate and proportional to the rake or a piece of steel beam or a profile maybe a large 15 mm thick L, what do you recommend? thanks anyway for the suggestions, wait for enlightened tips thanks for your attention

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

10. The Following User Says Thank You to forgiaro For This Useful Post:

PJs (Nov 18, 2018)

Thread Information