Free 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook:  

Thread: Lever double tool feed for watchmaker lathe

Thanks

threesixesinarow's Tools

Lever double tool feed for watchmaker lathe

This is a rocker for my little lathe. I copied mostly from pictures of Gortonís Swiss automatic lathes, but itís less finely adjustable and I made it so I can put different things on it, normally tool posts but also things like my screw slotting fixture.

It has the same function as a cross slide with front and rear tools on a regular screw machine or plain lathe, and like those is limited to in-feeding, but instead of sliding on ways it rotates about 45į on a journal that clamps around the bed. Each side has a small slide to set cut depth relative to the fixed stops underneath, with t-slots for mounting tools that allow some individual sideways adjustment. Springs center it when itís not cutting.

Itís a 3/16Ē tool in the video.

Lever double tool feed for watchmaker lathe-wmlr01_inuse.jpg Lever double tool feed for watchmaker lathe-wmlr04_gortonphoto.jpg

Lever double tool feed for watchmaker lathe-wmlr02_onbench.jpg Lever double tool feed for watchmaker lathe-wmlr03_drawing.jpg

Lever double tool feed for watchmaker lathe-wmlr_toolposts.jpg

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to threesixesinarow For This Useful Post:

Jon (12-14-2018), PJs (12-17-2018), Seedtick (12-14-2018), stuffucanmake (12-16-2018)

Thanks

Thanks threesixesinarow! We've added your Watchmakers Lathe Dual Tool Holder to our Lathe Accessories category,
    as well as to your builder page: threesixesinarow's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

Post your reply!
    Join 33,912 of us and get our 173 Must Read Homemade Tools eBook free.

173 Must Read Homemade Tools

Thread Information