Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: In line Treadle hammer

Thanks

Marc Broussard's Tools
    Here are a few pics of my Appalachian style power Hammer designed by Jerry Allen of the Wizard's forge. The pics are not in construction order. The base plate arrives today and I can start assembly of the various parts already made. The die holder is my tweak of myriad other holders I have seenIn line Treadle hammer-img_2121.jpgIn line Treadle hammer-img_2127.jpgIn line Treadle hammer-img_2310.jpgIn line Treadle hammer-img_2144.jpg. It is very simple and a very fast die change. All done with 1/2" plate.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marc Broussard For This Useful Post:

billster (Apr 28, 2017), mwmkravchenko (Oct 3, 2019), rendoman (Apr 27, 2017)

Thanks
    Oi pessoal, muito bom está entre vocês.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

will52100's Tools
    Looking good, really like the way you did the die holder. That's one thing if I ever build another, I'm thinking of the Anvilfire X2, it'll take commercial dies as I hate changing bolt on dies.

Thanks

Marc Broussard's Tools
    A test photo attachment. Having some difficulty attaching photos from my stash. In line Treadle hammer-img_0048.jpgI was uploading from the media tab in my saves to this page but I think I changed something and can no longer upload from there to here. Anybody?
    Last edited by Marc Broussard; Apr 28, 2017 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Testing attachment protocol.

Thanks

will52100's Tools
    Godzilla's morning star?

Thanks

Marc Broussard's Tools
    It is that. I built that for a NH. dentist/medieval times aficionado. He is the owner and builder of "The Yankee Siege" trebuchet, a 4 or 5 time world record holding Punkin Chunker. Google it. Competition held once a year in Delaware. He has a pumpkin patch in Greenfield NH that is full of stuff he and alter I built. Like a theme park. The giant mace was his inspiration and design. I built it from his prints. A crane picks it up and drops it on junk cars to please the locals that come and watch the trebuchet throw in practice for the world event in the Fall. Lots of fun and a great thrill for everybody. I built around 25 items there.In line Treadle hammer-img_0045.jpgIn line Treadle hammer-img_0046.jpg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Marc Broussard For This Useful Post:

Seedtick (Apr 29, 2017)

Thanks

will52100's Tools
    Why can't I ever get cool projects like that??? Very cool trebuchet, just got done watching a vid on it.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information