Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Millennial anti-theft device

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Thanks Joe for the reply.
    I suppose I should give an up date on the wife.
    First off yes panic attacks are very real and are often augmented by an actual medical condition.
    My wife has pretty much always been very slender some would say down right skinny.
    25 to 30 years ago up to the time we went to Kuwait,when we had our machine and fab shop folks and doctors alike couldn't believe that she weighed 135lbs her 5ft9 stature and her nearly absent body fat percentage made her look as though she might weigh a max of around 100 lbs. same as me I was 5 11 and weighed 210 lbs wore a 32 waist jeans I'm quite a bit different now still 5 11 but down to 198 on a good day but my waist has expanded to 34.
    Anyway she has always had higher than optimum BP which can be a real problem for thin people as much or more so than for someone a bet more on the portly side. the denser the body tissue the harder it is for veins and arteries to expand just like people who carry around an extra 100 lbs it is harder to pump blood through the real body tissue since there are very little to no blood vessels in that yellow stuff.
    Her DR back then diagnosed her high BP as being anxiety but put her on 2 bp meds and of all things valium which she took faithfully for many years But while in Q8 and mostly just sitting around or working in the office she began to loose her muscle mass and dropped weight as well she began to complain to the Dr over there that she felt a lot of her problems were caused by the valium. Not being fully aware of her med history he was reluctant to reduce or stop the prescription so she began cutting her pills in half and eventyally taking a half of one every other day until after about 3 months stopped taking it all together. She had begun to feel better all along although her BP still needed to be regulated.
    Advance to stateside years later. her weight down to 105 skinnier than ever BP still needs regulated new DR changed meds weight drops to 85 can see joints in arms and legs BP still rampant DR changes meds again and again results improve briefly then one day she has an episode We call it an episode because there doesn't seem to be a better word for it. She goes lethargic completely unresponsive to everything rush her to the ER they take 1 look and blast her way to a hospital spends 3 days in CICU BP at times is 90/50 5 minutes later it is 200/ 120 roller coasters like that for 48 hrs her weight was 80lbs nothing but skeleton with skin while In CICU they discover she had somehow acquired a broken hip can't operate until they have her stabilized on the 3rd day they insert a pin and screws 2 weeks in ICU weight comes up to 87 lbs transfer to room another 2 weeks then to a nursing rehab for 3 months She was in the nursing rehab before she even knew who I was and couldn't recall much of anything else. Eventually her weight is back up to 112 lbs 75% recall of most things. Discharged had to use a rolling walker for several months while we were making our move out here. gets stronger full recall stashes walker away in back closet rides lawnmower pushes walk behind mower tends to flowers and pets takes care of the chickens helps in the garden goes to the woods and loads the fire wood while I cut it up Everything seems fine but numbness in leg and foot starts goes to ER gets sent to hospital they do 2 by passes in her leg and 1 stint in her leg same leg with broken hip. year goes by leads up to this last event. now a couple months past new BP meds BP regularly checked morning and night always in good normal range Hopefully they have the problem held at bay. plus she has taken a liking to my heavy use of garlic and onions I'm sure that helps

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Apr 21, 2019)

Thanks
    Reading some of the comments makes me think about when our truck was stolen in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Our company was informed they had found our trailer dumped in a back lot of a truckstop. We went to Hertz and picked up a power unit. I had not driven a cabover in years and the tranny it had was not a regular 9 speed shift. The 8th and 9th gear position was reversed, so instead of shifting going up into 8, you went down into the 9th position then up to the 9th hole. That took a little bit of missing a couple of times to finally get it down.
    Nelson

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Nelson I have an 85 Freightliner cabover with that same 9 sp, it is a long step from 7th to 8th the big cam III formula 300 it had in in until I did an out of frame major and updated the engine to just a tad over 450HP took for ever to loose enough RPMs to shift from 7 to 8 after the upgrade I installed jake brakes then it was an easy shift just hit the button to drop the r's. 9th was the throw it against the dash and come home gear
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools

Millennial anti-theft device

I won't claim this one at all, merely passed to me. But we all can certainly relate;

Millennial anti-theft device-who.jpg

To current generation, feeling smarter than a past generation?
    An earlier population had an automobile, equipped with a operators manual describing how to adjust intake and exhaust valves.
    A later generations automobile manual warns to not drink battery fluid...
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toolmaker51 For This Useful Post:

hemmjo (Feb 21, 2021), marksbug (Feb 21, 2021)

Thanks
    so thats why the crack head generation has no teeth.....
    on another note. our first big racecar hauler had a bunch of gears...I only drove it once.not that hard but..I wish they had put some syncros in it after 2 years we upgraded to a stacker trailer( cars up top and down below, all inclosed not a used car hauler) heater&ac equiped as well as lots of storage&tools. the tow rigg(5th wheel) had a 16' living quarters witch was awesome. that freightliner was the 525 hp engine with the auto shifted trans.just use clutch for starting and stoping. I did a lot more driving with it,( we were traveling much farther for racing, fl to tex, down south fl & up to bristol tenn and all over in between. lost of fun.I miss it a lot.(NHRA topsportsman&promod drag racing)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,395 Times in 2,119 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolmaker51 View Post
    ...A later generations automobile manual warns to not drink battery fluid...
    Some of the folding windshield sunshades now have a sticker warning the user to remove before driving.
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Thanks
    good thing that sticker has gotten removed, now I can drive!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 822 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mklotz View Post
    Some of the folding windshield sunshades now have a sticker warning the user to remove before driving.
    Funny thing to me, what makes them think that their target audience can read actual WORDS. Or which of them is so stupid to leave the sun shield in place, yet smart enough to READ the sticker?

Sometimes symbols makes sense, but other times... not so much.

Millennial anti-theft device-th-2.jpegMillennial anti-theft device-th-3.jpeg Millennial anti-theft device-th-4.jpeg
    Name:  th-9.jpeg
Views: 198
Size:  2.3 KB Name:  th-8.jpeg
Views: 193
Size:  2.0 KB. Name:  th-7.jpeg
Views: 192
Size:  3.7 KB Name:  th-6.jpeg
Views: 179
Size:  3.7 KB Name:  th-5.jpeg
Views: 192
Size:  3.6 KB. Name:  th.jpeg
Views: 201
Size:  3.7 KB Name:  th-1.jpeg
Views: 212
Size:  3.4 KB
    Millennial anti-theft device-traffic-signs-01.e6bcb21e01e3e3a224056a0468abf062.pngMillennial anti-theft device-traffic-signs-04.e6bcb21e01e3e3a224056a0468abf062.pngMillennial anti-theft device-traffic-signs-06.e6bcb21e01e3e3a224056a0468abf062.pngMillennial anti-theft device-traffic-signs-07.e6bcb21e01e3e3a224056a0468abf062.png

Thanks
    Millennial anti-theft device-lkwxc3w-man-pooper.jpeg there are never enough pictures to tell the hole story

12. The Following User Says Thank You to marksbug For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Feb 22, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,395 Times in 2,119 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    And then there are the signs that, even if you can read, are difficult to comprehend...

Millennial anti-theft device-gay_walrus.png

Millennial anti-theft device-notice.png

Name:  under_water.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  9.7 KB

Name:  WATER.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  16.5 KB
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz