Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Monster Tablesaw Sled

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Powless Design's Tools

Monster Tablesaw Sled

This is a biggy. This 60x28 tablesaw sled provides both accuracy and heft for larger pieces. It slids across my tablesaw with ease supported in the right miter slot by a steel guide, the left slot by a UHMW guide and on the left of the table by a 2 full extension drawer slides, one attached to the table and the other to s sliding extension attached to the sled. The slides give me about 48 inches of free travel and are elevated off the tablesaw by abou 1/16" (enough to take most the weight on that end when loaded.

The sled is large enough to handle standard cabinet gables (26" clear) and lengths up to 72" (42" beyond the blade on the left side.

As I mentioned in a previous thread about a tip of keeping equipment heights the same throughout the shop, this provides an excellent example. Not only does the sled handle the table saw but with a 1/4" sheet of plywood laid on top of the sled and extended to my router / shaper table, I can now route the ends of long pieces and still easily keep the piece registered 90° to the router fence.

It might not be pretty but it is a workhorse I now can't do without.

Monster Tablesaw Sled-img_0949.jpgMonster Tablesaw Sled-img_0950.jpgMonster Tablesaw Sled-img_0951.jpgMonster Tablesaw Sled-img_0952.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Powless Design For This Useful Post:

billster (Feb 4, 2017), kbalch (Jan 2, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanks Powless Design! I've added your Oversized Table Saw Sled to our Table Saws category, as well as to your builder page: Powless Design's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information