Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: multi level welding cart

Thanks

hardtail69's Tools

Cool multi level welding cart

OK yes there are many welding carts and configurations out there. Here is yet another this one. It holds two welders and all the usual things I use every day to weld. The welders themselves are a Hobart140, 110 volt, for light work like sheet metal and 1/8" angle iron type stuff, and a Hobart 190 for stuff up to 3/8 thick that we use for welding the Drift trike frames that we build every day. You will notice that except for where the tanks sit, (room for three), there are no flat surfaces to sit things on. That is by design. Flat surfaces tend to attract and accumulate clutter. This cart is mobile and I did not want to have to clear off accumulated junk when ever I had to move it to weld something. The casters are the double locking kind so when you put the brakes on they do not move or swivel. That makes it very steady. Probably a bit of over kill but that's just the way we roll, OK bad pun I know This cart was made entirely from scrap pieces we had laying around the shop. Dimensions are a bit superfluous as you will need to fit it to your own machine, but the concept is valid.
    Our shop is small and this cart helps keep it a lot more tidy and makes having every thing you need to weld, at your finger tips. Which is very very convenient. With this set up we can reach every part of the shop and we only have to move one thing ..the cart itself. I hope this gives you ideas you can use. That's what home made tools is all about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails multi level welding cart-p1030840.jpg   multi level welding cart-p1030841.jpg   multi level welding cart-p1030842.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hardtail69 For This Useful Post:

baja (Dec 21, 2019), C-Bag (Nov 24, 2015), chy_farm (Apr 5, 2018), Jon (Nov 21, 2015), kbalch (Nov 23, 2015), Paul Jones (Nov 24, 2015), PJs (Nov 23, 2015), Ralphxyz (Dec 28, 2023)

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Nice one HardTail69! Admire and agree with your feelings about flat spaces. Nice assortment of tools available at hand for the jobs and looks to be very stable too. You mentioned that there is room for 3 tanks...do you use different mixes regularly?

How are the trikes coming along...new designs? Thanks for sharing your build!! ~PJ

2000 Tool Plans
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PJs For This Useful Post:

hardtail69 (Nov 26, 2015)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts
    Thanks hardtail69! We've added your ulti Level Welding Cart to our Welding Carts category, as well as to your builder page: hardtail69's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DIYer For This Useful Post:

hardtail69 (Nov 26, 2015)

Thanks

C-Bag's Tools
    I work out of my garage and do everything out of work stations. I have to be able to reconfigure the shop for whatever process I'm doing. Out of past experience I learned that a big work bench or any flat surface just ends up being a catch all just like you.

So I have three work stations that have flat surfaces that are process stations. One is welding, one is powdercoating and one is a jig table. I also have specialty surfaces that are pulled off and stored when not in use. I put these on a heavy duty X stand that is a music keyboard stand. Handy as a shirt pocket because it will hold over 200lbs and can be adjusted to any height. It also fold flat.

I have a tendency to buy cheap HF stuff used instead of fabbing up stuff 'cus I'm lazy My welder cart is one of those HF cart/handtucks that you can find in yard sales for $5. I've got several laying around. My plasma and Lincoln 175t fit side by side on the cart so everything is down low. The Co2 bottle is in between the cart handle uprights and my clamps are on the handle. Like you I love having everything in one compact unit.

Good job and thanks for taking the time to share.
    Last edited by C-Bag; Nov 24, 2015 at 04:05 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C-Bag For This Useful Post:

baja (Dec 21, 2019), chy_farm (Apr 5, 2018), hardtail69 (Nov 26, 2015), Paul Jones (Nov 24, 2015)

Thanks
    Great job! Design is a good one!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information