This AMC Gremlin, built by rogue_66 on TheAMCForum.com, is a perfect example of a non-traditional build that ends up as a serious tire smoker.

What's interesting here is how the enthusiast community helped get this project done. On a tighter niche forum like TheAMCForum.com, the camaraderie among builders is often strong, fun, and productive. Everyone knows each other by their first name, and the posts are full of inside jokes. rogue_66 starts off this build by admitting:

"I guess by now it's apparent that I don't know squat about how to rebuild a car from basically the ground up; but I can tell you this. I've got a damn good teacher & a whole bunch of friends who have come out of the woodwork with suggestions & ideas."

A few posts in, and the local Gremlin community is all over this project. The car gets a great build, complete with numerous visits among friends for bench racing.

Upgrades include an 8-point rollcage, a T5Z 5-speed trans with 3.54 gears, 4-core radiator, Auto Meter custom gauges with carbon fiber gauge surround, custom racing seats with 4-point belts, and an AMC Hornet grill. The motor is a 390 from a 1968 AMX. The Gremlin was painted in Corvette Atomic Orange, with factory Gremlin X stripes.

AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66 on TheAMCForum.com

MuscleCarBuilds.net: AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66-amcgremlin3.jpgMuscleCarBuilds.net: AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66-amcgremlin21.jpgMuscleCarBuilds.net: AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66-amcgremlin19.jpgMuscleCarBuilds.net: AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66-amcgremlin18.jpgMuscleCarBuilds.net: AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66-amcgremlin17.jpgMuscleCarBuilds.net: AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66-amcgremlin16.jpgMuscleCarBuilds.net: AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66-amcgremlin14.jpgMuscleCarBuilds.net: AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66-amcgremlin13.jpgMuscleCarBuilds.net: AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66-amcgremlin12.jpgMuscleCarBuilds.net: AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66-amcgremlin11.jpgMuscleCarBuilds.net: AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66-amcgremlin10.jpgMuscleCarBuilds.net: AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66-amcgremlin9.jpgMuscleCarBuilds.net: AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66-amcgremlin7.jpgMuscleCarBuilds.net: AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66-amcgremlin6.jpgMuscleCarBuilds.net: AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66-amcgremlin6.jp.jpgMuscleCarBuilds.net: AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66-amcgremlin4.jpgMuscleCarBuilds.net: AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66-amcgremlin22.jpg

AMC Gremlin X by rogue_66 on TheAMCForum.com

See more muscle car builds on MuscleCarBuilds.net...