Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My Homemade 18" Band saw

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    You may want to watch e-bay the wheels come up for sale every now and then

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks

Mikebr5's Tools
    Another valuable thread trashed by Photobucket's ransom-pic business decision.
    A big bandsaw is on my to-do list.
    I hope that these nice project threads are restored for posterity.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

mr95gst's Tools

Thanks

Mikebr5's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mr95gst View Post
    Thank you mr95gst, much appreciated. It came back with "This album is private."

Thanks

mr95gst's Tools
    I'm trying to figure out how to change it to public. I will let you know once I figure it out. Trying to do it on my phone is impossible. I had no idea photobucket changed until I saw your comment.

Thanks

Mikebr5's Tools
    This move by PB has done serious damage to fine work done by many people.

Google "Photobucket alternatives" for some ideas.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,396 Times in 2,119 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    If you encounter a forum post that contains a blocked PB image, there is a way for you to view the image without requiring any action on the part of the person who originally posted the image.

I can't explain why this works, or whether it will continue to work, but, using Firefox...

Right click on the PB "speedometer" and select "View image" from the dropdown menu. You should be taken to the PB page; the display there will still show the speedometer.

Now click on the page refresh icon next to the page address at the top of the screen. If it works for you, the correct picture should now appear.

But, here's where it gets interesting.

Click the back button - you may have to click it several times - until you return to the page that had the blocked image. The correct image should now appear in place of the dreaded speedometer!! Moreover, any other references to the image (e.g., a post that quotes the original post that contained the blocked image) will also now show the correct image.

I can't say if it will work with browsers other than Firefox but it's easy enough to try.
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Thanks

Mikebr5's Tools
    Thank you Marv. I tried it out of curiosity and was able to view 2 of the pics after ~5 page refreshes each. I tried most of the rest in the first post and quit after about 10 refreshes each. Strange that its not consistent one way or the other.
    Matthew, I wasn't able to see much, but... Busch beer?! Come on man... I'll bring over a 6 pack of good stuff. hahah
    I know you put a lot of work into it, and thanks for that. Hopefully rescuing the ransomed pics from PB doesn't turn in to too much of a hassle.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,396 Times in 2,119 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikebr5 View Post
    Thank you Marv. I tried it out of curiosity and was able to view 2 of the pics after ~5 page refreshes each. I tried most of the rest in the first post and quit after about 10 refreshes each. Strange that its not consistent one way or the other.
    I know it's very tedious and frustrating. I only do it if the text convinces me that the ransomed photo is something I really, really want to see.

If you do manage to obtain the photos and intend to use them as a guide in building your own version, it's probably a good idea to save them locally on your own computer; use the "save image as" option in the pulldown menu. There's no way to predict how long this dodge will work. I imagine that PB is chasing down and blocking tricks like this as we speak.
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Thanks

mr95gst's Tools
    MORE PICTURES
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Homemade 18" Band saw-imag09811.jpg   My Homemade 18" Band saw-imag09821.jpg   My Homemade 18" Band saw-imag09861.jpg   My Homemade 18" Band saw-imag09871.jpg   My Homemade 18" Band saw-imag09881.jpg  

My Homemade 18" Band saw-imag09891.jpg   My Homemade 18" Band saw-imag09921.jpg   My Homemade 18" Band saw-imag09931.jpg   My Homemade 18" Band saw-imag09941.jpg   My Homemade 18" Band saw-imag09961.jpg  

My Homemade 18" Band saw-imag09971.jpg   My Homemade 18" Band saw-imag09981.jpg   My Homemade 18" Band saw-imag09991.jpg   My Homemade 18" Band saw-imag10001.jpg  

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mr95gst For This Useful Post:

G.Paul (Sep 11, 2017), Jon (Sep 11, 2017), Mikebr5 (Sep 11, 2017), olderdan (Sep 12, 2017)

Thread Information